Memo to the ORU SIDs

ORUalum

earlier today a former ORU coach was selected for induction to the Naismeth Hall of Fame.

i'm guessing ORU does not have many former coaches or players in the basketball HOF.   kinda a big deal....right????

it might be a good idea to put up a story about it and how ORU launched his head coaching career.

a few congratulatory tweets w/ photos of his ORU days might also be a good idea.

• Upvote 1

Technically, Bill Self was merely announced as a Class of 2017 inductee, along with several others.

He will be formally inducted during Hall of Fame ceremonies on September 8th.

But, still...

P.S.  I frankly take issue with inducting anyone into ANY hall of fame while they're still participating in the same capacity for which they are being honored (player, coach, executive, etc.)

Did the Naismith HOF learn nothing in recent years by having "Hall Of Fame" coaches such as Jim Boeheim, Rick Pitino, and Jim Calhoun ALL suffer NCAA penalties after they were inducted? 

I mean, is it asking too much to wait until they're done before bestowing such an honor? 

• Upvote 1