Biggest Bully...

ORUTerry

Getting some good pub this year - and no snarky comments so far about the quality of the league. I think the XDSU's pulling off Power 5 wins here and there has helped in that regard. 

This weekend not helping our RPI at all. Big mid week games coming up in the next 2 weeks with Top 25 OU....gotta beat the Sooners at least once....then OSU.....:oru-logo:

Snarky or not, the five Summit League teams (outside of ORU) are a combined 5-42 against the RPI top 200.  While the Summit has always been a marginal baseball conference, I can't remember a season where at least ONE of the other teams wasn't semi-competitive.  Warren Nolan has predicted ORU to win the league by 8 games over SDSU, with a margin of 16 games over third place.  In a 30 game conference season, that is pure domination (hence the "bully" reference).  

19 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Snarky or not, the five Summit League teams (outside of ORU) are a combined 5-42 against the RPI top 200.  While the Summit has always been a marginal baseball conference, I can't remember a season where at least ONE of the other teams wasn't semi-competitive.  Warren Nolan has predicted ORU to win the league by 8 games over SDSU, with a margin of 16 games over third place.  In a 30 game conference season, that is pure domination (hence the "bully" reference).  

Weren't almost all of those 47 games vs. the RPI Top 200 played on the road?

Hard to build up much of a non-conference record when the weather precludes you from practicing, then forces you south for the whole month of March...