What Should The MVC Do If/When Wichita State Leaves?

Old Titan

Sounds like Omaha's campus visit didn't go all that well and if the MVC goes to 12 it will be Valpo, Murray and Milwaukee. 

Of course that would leave the Horizon short two members which could create issues with the Indiana schools. 

11 minutes ago, FargoBison said:

Sounds like Omaha's campus visit didn't go all that well and if the MVC goes to 12 it will be Valpo, Murray and Milwaukee. 

Of course that would leave the Horizon short two members which could create issues with the Indiana schools. 

Who does the Summit look at if that happens?

Northern Colorado? UMKC?

32 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Who does the Summit look at if that happens?

Northern Colorado? UMKC?

I would have to think UMKC would get looked at, sounds like travel in the WAC is becoming a pain for them and it will only get worse if Chicago State folds or is kicked out. Maybe the Summit could try to lure in Green Bay who would be kind of isolated in the Horizon if Milwaukee left. Minnesota State and a few other of the MN schools might be targeted but all of those schools would need to cut sports like Omaha to move up, which would be tough since cutting football would be unpopular at a few of those campuses. 

Northern Colorado would need to park their football somewhere if they left. 

1 hour ago, ORU82 said:

How about trying to get Oakland and UALR?

I'd love to get Kampe back in the league but with the Horizon tournament in Detroit, I'm not sure Oakland will leave that conference anytime soon. UALR would be great if they would move....I guess another school I forgot about is New Mexico State, you would have to think they would want out of the WAC. 

New Mexico has a lot more "Summits" than any of the other states represented in the Summit League, with the obvious exception of the University of Denver, CO.

The strength of the Dakota block of 4 schools lends some long-term stability to the Summit League that may be attractive to some teams in less secure situations such as the WAC.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if the MVC will force Valpo to play in an actual basketball arena.

• Upvote 1