Wichita State at ORU

theeagleman5

The Shockers visit JLJ for a big mid week matchup at 11-8.....WSU is 9-0 at home but only 2-8 on the road...one win at OU and another last weekend at Cal Poly.....ORU is on a 3 game winning streak after sweeping NDSU last weekend....the Shockers play a tough schedule (3 games at #6 LSU also)  so they will be a tough opponent tonight....looks like a beautiful evening for baseball with the first pitch temps around 80....GO BLUE!!!...:eagles:

ORU playing long ball tonight. 

when was the last time they had 5 HRs in a game?

So....according to ORUATHLETICS.com....last night was the first time in ORU history that we hit 5 HRs in a game...we've had MORE than 5 but never exactly 5....hard to believe since ORU has to have played a few thousand games over the past 50 seasons.....but I guess it had to happen sooner or later....The GoldenEagles rally for a 7-4 victory over Wichita State and improve to 13-7....Logan Michaels gets his 2nd win of the year...nice bullpen work by Howe and others....HRs by Roark, Grellner, Williams, McCutchin and Hernandez.....it will be the battle of the Summit unbeatens this weekend at JLJ between ORU and SDSU.....:eagles:

4 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

So....according to ORUATHLETICS.com....last night was the first time in ORU history that we hit 5 HRs in a game...we've had MORE than 5 but never exactly 5....hard to believe since ORU has to have played a few thousand games over the past 50 seasons.....but I guess it had to happen sooner or later....The GoldenEagles rally for a 7-4 victory over Wichita State and improve to 13-7....Logan Michaels gets his 2nd win of the year...nice bullpen work by Howe and others....HRs by Roark, Grellner, Williams, McCutchin and Hernandez.....it will be the battle of the Summit unbeatens this weekend at JLJ between ORU and SDSU.....:eagles:

I guess 5 also tied the record for HRs given up by Wichita St. in a game. (Wichita Eagle story)

Despite yielding five homers, which tied for the most allowed in Shocker history, WSU had its chances to win.

• Upvote 1

Excellent analysis by the Wichita Eagle...if it hadn't been for those 5 HRs....The Shockers certainly could have won.....|(

Goodness. Impressive stuff from Hernandez. Two times on the Top 10 in the first 20 games! 

The broadcast of baseball games has been really cool. It's nice to be able to show off the campus and showcase how great of a facility JLJ is. ESPN love doesn't hurt either! 

• Upvote 2

Excellent point, WingMaaaan.....just as a small example....I have mentioned previously that my almost 15 yr old grandson is a pretty good baseball player and is already checking out D-1 programs...of course, he has been enamored by the big boys like FSU, Vanderbilt, UNC, etc.....he always laughed when I mentioned ORU....but this season I got him watching our games on the ESPN3 app on his phone and Bennett has been quite impressed with the quality of our team and the stadium....now he is not laughing anymore and I have him and his 11 year old brother following ORU baseball...they both already have ORU T-shirts but I need to get them Under Amour ORU gear....still dreaming that some day one or both of my grandsons will be playing at JLJ as Golden Eagles....:eagles: