K-Mart

ORUalum

At some point I will post on whether or not the HC should go if we have another year like the last several years.  If we were like other universities he would have been gone now.  Finally, I also forgot to mention that the only other person with significant time on the floor at guard also left, that being Darian Harris.  This program is a train wreck that has already happened.

I am really disappointed to see Kris Martin leave.  He was a solid contributor who I feel still had the potential to improve his game and his contributions.  I wish him the best.

I'm hearing that, in the wake of this season's results, the coaching staff is demanding that ALL the guys put in more work, both in individual workouts and in the classroom.

If some guys are not willing to go that extra mile, then we have no choice but to wish them good luck as they pursue their dreams elsewhere.

Not having any returning backcourt experience is going to be a major hurdle for next year's team.

Here is what our roster of guards looks like for next year:

Dez McDaniels

Jontray Harris

RJ Smith

RJ Fuqua

KJ Malveau

Jamichael Morgan

Not sure if all of these are true guards - or if they are more wings or small forwards. They key is that none of them are experienced D-1 players. That does not bode well - at least early on. 

I remember reading somewhere that after Korey Billbury landed at VCU he made a comment about the practices/work there being a lot more tough than what he had experienced at ORU.

1 hour ago, ORU82 said:

I remember reading somewhere that after Korey Billbury landed at VCU he made a comment about the practices/work there being a lot more tough than what he had experienced at ORU.

Drastic times call for drastic measures.

Or, in this particular case, you could say that ORU's practice times now call for drastic measures.

Can't help but recall that famous line from The Shawshank Redemption:  it's time to "get busy livin', or get busy dyin'".

Maybe we will see another R. Fuqua starting at G next year for ORU.......:clap::eagles:

21 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Maybe we will see another R. Fuqua starting at G next year for ORU.......:clap::eagles:

At this point, he's got to be in the running for starting PG next year...

4 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

Not having any returning backcourt experience is going to be a major hurdle for next year's team.

Here is what our roster of guards looks like for next year:

Dez McDaniels

Jontray Harris

RJ Smith

RJ Fuqua

KJ Malveau

Jamichael Morgan

Not sure if all of these are true guards - or if they are more wings or small forwards. They key is that none of them are experienced D-1 players. That does not bode well - at least early on. 

calling my shot now......

at some point next season, Sutton will substitute and roll out a line-up consisting of KJ, Fuqua, Dez, Jontray, and one of the post players.

at this point, i just don't think he can help himself.

Unfortunately Alum, I have the same gut feeling.  He has used that same 4-1 lineup the last couple years or more and as I posted elsewhere, it fails early and often.  I would love to see us go big this year.  Put AJ in the post, let Miller and White play the forwards, let Big E play the 2, and how about letting Fuqua 2.0 play point.  Let's get physical and play inside-out.  

Make them adjust to us...

Of course you might have to play some zone defense with that line up.  Just sayin'

:unamused:

True Terry, but one could say we played no defense this year so maybe it would be an improvement.

2 hours ago, ORU82 said:

Let's get physical and play inside-out.  

Don't forget Manek....hopefully the redshirt year will prepare him to have an immediate impact next season.

KMart was one of the best shooters we've seen in a long time. Didn't quite have the quickness needed to be a great perimeter defender, but he had skills we could use going forward. More than anything, this player turnover is KILLING us. 

ORU82's line up is pretty extreme, and might average 120 points against us a night, but the premise is spot on. Our bigs are going to be our strength. Rotate AJ, Miller, Manek and White on the blocks. Eman gets 35+ minutes a night at the 3 and let your guards battle for the remaining minutes. 

Any word on why Martin decided to leave????....sorry but if these kids come to ORU and are not aware of the rules/regulations/lifestyle/honor code then shame on the coaching staff for not making these issues crystal clear during the recruiting process.....and if it is discussed and then the kids can't deal with it....well, shame on them....grow up....it's not like ORU is a Nazi concentration camp.....TheEagleman is tired of all these transfers and I am sure Coach Sutton is also....we need more kids like Fuqua.....:|

How come no one is mentioning Spencer Sutton in the mix?

Don't think for a minute that just because they saved a schollie by making him a walk-on has anything to do with his potential minutes.

Mark my words:  he will be given playing time. 

Remains to be seen just how much.

6 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

How come no one is mentioning Spencer Sutton in the mix?

Don't think for a minute that just because they saved a schollie by making him a walk-on has anything to do with his potential minutes.

Mark my words:  he will be given playing time. 

Remains to be seen just how much.

great point.....completely forgot about Spencer

(amending my called shot above) 

at some point next season, ORU will be up by 8 - 12 points and Coach Sutton will substitute and roll out a line-up consisting of KJ, Fuqua, Dez, Spencer, and one of the post players

Sounds like from KMart's tweets above...the kid couldn't wait to get out of ORU....don't let the door hit your A$$ on the way out, Kid.....adios!!!....:puke: