Chad Wilkerson has Lincoln on fast track to 3A state

Dr. Cornelius

Former ORU standout has Lincoln on fast track to 3A state

Although many of Lincoln Christian’s players are participating in the Class 3A state basketball tournament for the second consecutive year, this will be the first trip there for head coach Chad Wilkerson.

The former Oral Roberts University standout spent the past two years teaching elementary physical education at a Dallas charter school.

Wilkerson was looking for a college coaching job when he was contacted by Lincoln Christian last spring. While at ORU, where he was the Mid-Continent Conference player of the year in 1999, he attended Church on the Move, which runs Lincoln. And he was friends at ORU with pastor Willie George’s sons Whit and Gabriel. When Wilkerson interviewed for the coaching opening, it was his first look at Lincoln Christian, which did not exist when he was at ORU.

“My first impression was that there was a spirit of excellence throughout the campus,” Wilkerson said. “I felt it was a Godsend for me to be at Lincoln — a perfect fit for me and my family.” ...

• Upvote 1

The question is....why isn't Chad Wilkerson a coach at ORU?......maybe some day the former Golden Eagle will be on staff.....hard to believe that ORU has never had a former alum as head coach for either of our basketball teams?...also baseball.....geez....has an ORU grad ever been head coach in ANY of our sports???...|(