Community Outreach

Old Titan

11 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

P.S. is that Des smiling on the back row?  That's a good sign, I guess.

"... I guess." is the perfect reaction to seeing Des in the picture. We have no idea what he can contribute but here's to hoping he's great. Losing Martin is big because he, like Jefferies last year, is a known positive contributor and that's what we need more of ...  not less of.  

10 hours ago, WingMaaaan said:

"... I guess." is the perfect reaction to seeing Des in the picture. We have no idea what he can contribute but here's to hoping he's great. Losing Martin is big because he, like Jefferies last year, is a known positive contributor and that's what we need more of ...  not less of.  

With all due respect, what is REALLY needed are "team-first" guys who are willing to play defense, rebound, value the ball, hustle at all times, and be a positive influence on the floor and in the locker room. 

Gimme a roster full of THOSE guys, and I'll worry later about whether a couple of them can shoot threes or not.

And...THAT completes this total derailment of what was supposed to be a positive thread about student-athletes getting involved in the community - "Sad!" LOL 

In theory I don't disagree but a couple of things:

#1 My point is still valid. You need players who are positive contributors to the GAME YOU PLAY ON THE COURT. You really need a mix of both... talent and selflessness. 

#2 Are you insinuating that Kris Martin is not a "team-first" guy? If so, don't just defame the kid's name behind your glowing CRT. Back it up or chill out. 

#3  Let's say there's a player that isn't, as you say, a "team-first guy". That's part of the coaching staff's job. It's not all about the output on the court. It's about molding them and helping them get a great education. 

removed my posts since it hijacked the thread.

losing Word and then Jeffries in back to back seasons have really set back a program that was already seemed to be in decline. 

ORU needs all their proven players back especially a guy that could average 17 - 20 pts a game the next two years and end up with a special career at ORU.

back on topic --- credit to ORUMBB for the community outreach

2 hours ago, WingMaaaan said:

#2 Are you insinuating that Kris Martin is not a "team-first" guy? If so, don't just defame the kid's name behind your glowing CRT. Back it up or chill out. 

Hey, if it sounded like I was insinuating Kris Martin was not a "team first" guy this year, I sincerely apologize.

...because based on what I witnessed this year, I intended to make it perfectly clear that I did not think he was a "team first" guy this year. 

Could he change?  Sure, I suppose.

But, will he?  I have no clue.  I can't read a kid's mind.  

All I know is what I saw, in terms of tell-tale signs such as shot selection, body language, and effort enroute to just 6 Division-1 wins and 22 losses.

There:  is THAT enough "backing it up"?

And, seriously now - HOW ABOUT THAT COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT BY THE FELLAS??

I know what can cure your end of season basketball blues.......How about ORU baseball they are currently on the road in Minnesota to play three games.  they are 7-1 and their rpi is 27.   Yes sir the dr just bumped this thread.   I didi it to kick the blues away.  Watch thee games and call me Monday morning.:tb-blue: 

3 minutes ago, drclean1 said:

I know what can cure your end of season basketball blues.......How about ORU baseball they are currently on the road in Minnesota to play three games.  they are 7-1 and their rpi is 27.   Yes sir the dr just bumped this thread.   I didi it to kick the blues away.  Watch thee games and call me Monday morning.:tb-blue: 

Excellent prescription, Doc! 

I look forward to taking "one a day" Friday through Sunday!

Having announced day 1 of the D-2 (Rogers State) conference tournament at the UMAC yesterday, the bottom line is we just don't have the horses.

Talent/size wise, we are pretty much on par with Texas A&M-International, Dallas Baptist, & Newman, from what I saw.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, oruvoice said:

Having announced day 1 of the D-2 (Rogers State) conference tournament at the UMAC yesterday, the bottom line is we just don't have the horses.

Talent/size wise, we are pretty much on par with Texas A&M-International, Dallas Baptist, & Newman, from what I saw.

:nauseated:

8 hours ago, oruvoice said:

Been sayin' that all year!

Three of four years ago, ORU was too small in the front court, the past couple of seasons too small in the back court.

Remember how earlier this season I reprinted that ORU roster from 10 years ago, and how BIG everyone was, all across the line?

Not any more...not even average in terms of height at the D-1 level (and slightly built, as well)