ORU at Alabama

theeagleman5

It must be nice to be Alabama.....the Crimson Tide play their first 21 games at home in Tuscaloosa....they don't leave home until late March when they travel all the way to Birmingham to play UAB....what a life!....they sit now at 3-1 having won 2 of 3 last weekend vs. Presbyterian and they beat So. Miss last night.....so no reason why ORU can't go in there and win 2 of 3.....we will see this weekend what kind of team these Golden Eagles really are...all games will be on the SEC Network live starting with Friday at 5pm CST.....:eagles:

Bryce Howe taking the mound for the Golden Eagles in tonight's opener....the game not on the regular SEC Network channel....it's SEC NETWORK+ which is probably a pay per view channel....ORU is 1-0 all time vs. the Crimson Tide having won the only meeting in 2012.....wonder if we will pull out the all blue unis this weekend?  Or are they just going to be used at home?....GO BLUE!!!....:eagles:

Bama takes the lead in the top 5th, but ORU ties it 3-3 on RBI single by Roark, chasing the Tide's starter.

1 out, Whatley batting.

ORU leaves the bases loaded after Williams bounces into a 6-4-3.

Still 3-3, Bottom 6th

ORU up 5-3 in the 7th....Roark with 3 hits and 3 RBI.....what happened to Howe only going 1.2 innings???....:eagles:

several chances to really open things up.   just a dreadful day at the plate for Williams.

i hope they have the arms to finish this thing off.

Roark 4 hits and 4 RBI....he's on fire......:eagles:

Great team win!!!!

Glaze settled in after his first 2 innings and then McCollough came in and finished the last 3 innnings.

2 games left to win an SEC weekend series.

So impressed by this ORU team so far on the young season. Doing a lot of the little things right. 

Roark 4-for-4 with 4 RBI - yet some Dakotan will no doubt earn Summit League Player Of The Week for batting .300 in a weekend sweep of St. Olaf's School For Vikings. 

• Upvote 3

If I heard correctly, Bama has never beaten us, although I think the record now stands at 2-0 for the Good Guys.  We last beat them in 2012. Go Golden Eagles!

haha.....wait til they see our blue on blue fashion disaster......(on a serious note -- ORU needs to have a sit down with Easton before next year's uniform design)

Nice win against an SEC school.  If they keep winning, I don't care if they wear cutoffs & tank tops. 

• Upvote 1

ORU Uniforms are definitely different but so far the baseball has been solid...impressive win against a decent SEC team and yes, ORU is 2-0 all time now vs. the Tide....this would be a nice series to win on the road so let's go out and get another tomorrow....Roark 4 hits 4 RBI tonight and Snypes 3 hits....and who is McCollough who came thru big time with 3 innings of 1 hit relief for the save?....:eagles:

The back and sides of those uniforms makes everyone look like they're wearing catcher's gear. But it looks great as long as we win.

Bring on the blue nightmare uni's!

Good to see the top of the lineup cashing in on scoring opportunities early in the season. Left a few on and I believe allowed an unearned run, so still some room to get better, but look good so far.

I didn't see the first couple of innings, what was Howe's injury?