ORU at Alabama

theeagleman5

One man's opinion here but before we work on the design for our uniforms next time, and I suggest this as nicely as I can, put down the crack bowl and back away from the liquor cabinet before beginning to design.  Again, just my $.02.

• Upvote 2

The boys bused in last night after showering in the Bama Football locker room.  Funny thing is we flew and the bus was just as fast.

You've got to be proud of this bunch.  In the words of the radio broadcasters they're "pesky"

They deserve more crowd support.

2 hours ago, ORU82 said:

One man's opinion here but before we work on the design for our uniforms next time, and I suggest this as nicely as I can, put down the crack bowl and back away from the liquor cabinet before beginning to design.  Again, just my $.02.

Actually maybe that's the strategy they need to employ next time. Anything to get some creative juices going.

• Upvote 2

I would love to be in Tulsa to go watch the games at JLJ, however there is quite a distance for me to travel to the games.  Thank the Good Lord for ESPN3.  I love being able to watch from a 1,000 miles away.  Kudos to the Athletic Department for making it easier for all of us who love our university to watch and support from afar.  Go Golden Eagles!

1 hour ago, woodhog said:

You've got to be proud of this bunch.  In the words of the radio broadcasters they're "pesky"

And "scrappy"!  (I laughed out loud at that one - made ORU sound like little yippy dogs).

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

And "scrappy"!  (I laughed out loud at that one - made ORU sound like little yippy dogs).

i thought of this guy....

scrappy-doo-card.jpg?w=269&h=385&crop=1

2 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

i thought of this guy....

scrappy-doo-card.jpg?w=269&h=385&crop=1

Battle Of The Hanna-Barbera Cartoon Mascots:  Scrappy-Doo vs. Eli!

• Upvote 1

Scrappy and Pesky?...how about just plain good....now the Crimson Tide knows who Oral Roberts is.....and we kicked their A$$....:-P:eagles::geek:

My oldest grandson is 14 and a really good baseball player...he eats and sleeps baseball since he was about 5 and has the dream of playing D-1 at a place like Florida State....my daughter is taking him to Nashville this spring to visit Vanderbilt and watch a few games as a sidelight to a business trip....of course, Pop-Pop/Eagleman has been talking up ORU for the past few years but he really didn't take me seriously even though he and his 11 year old brother do sport some ORU gear that I have given to them....that is until this past weekend when we swept Alabama.....that got his attention and he loves the blue uniforms....so who knows?...maybe some day around 2022 the ORU starting 3rd baseman may just be a young kid from South Jersey named Bennett Gerstenbacher.....:geek::eagles:

• Upvote 1