2017-18 (Roster, Schedule, etc)

ORUalum

More interested in how we recruit than how we schedule.

Unless something drastic changes we will struggle to compete with any team in D1.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Unless something drastic changes we will struggle to compete with any team in D1.

Scheduling has a direct impact on recruiting. 

If I was a recruit, games at OSU, Penn State and in Malibu would certainly have a lot of appeal.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Has anyone seen anything official saying ORU plays at OSU?

If ORU plays OSU and PSU, that likely means the other three mid-majors will also play one game in the Central time zone in Stillwater or College Station, and one Eastern time zone game in Pennsylvania.  ORU is the furthest east of the four mid-majors in this event (two in California and the third in Montana), and it's hard to  imagine the organizers would send any of those other three teams clear across the country for BOTH of their pre-Malibu games.

In other words, if ORU does play at OSU and Penn State, the Golden Eagles got a sweet deal compared to the other teams in their pod: traveling only one time zone for their furthest game, and just a one-hour bus ride for their other one, before their trip to Malibu for Thanksgiving break.

All around, as these tournaments go, not a bad deal at all!

Montana has Pitt and Penn St according to this....link

4 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Scheduling has a direct impact on recruiting. 

If I was a recruit, games at OSU, Penn State and In Malibu would certainly have a lot of appeal.

Good points

17 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

speaking of better players, i hope ORU is recruiting this guy........i think they might have an in.....

Looks like David Nzekwesi has already visited OSU and SFA. How many visits do recruits get? 3?

7 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Looks like David Nzekwesi has already visited OSU and SFA. How many visits do recruits get? 3?

i think it's 5 official visits.  one of the tweets on his timeline said the OSU was unofficial, i'd guess the TCU one was too.

don't know about the SFA visit, but note the lead recruiter -- Wade Mason

We should have played OSU in 2011, but blew a 15-pt halftime lead to UTSA in the 1st round of the preseason NIT. Sound familiar? 

Pitt would have been in my backyard, but if not them, Happy Valley is a great place.  I am excited to get to see our guys in person without having to fly there to see them live.

TheEagleman was at the USTA game in Stillwater in 2011 sitting with OKCEagle and Mike Minyard on the 2nd row across from the ORU bench.....what a brutal loss...the worst....ORU had a big lead at half...about 15 points... and we were up 18 early in the 2nd half...but USTA made a run and took a lead in the final 5-6 minutes only to have ORU come back and we appeared to have the game in hand with a 5 point lead in the final 90 seconds...up 1 with 4 seconds to play, Roundtree (who had a big game) hit 1 of 2 FT for a 2 point lead and a USTA player grabs the rebound...takes about 5 dribbles and fires up a half court shot that swishes at the buzzer and we lose by 1....the drive back to my hotel in OKC that night was a long one......|(

probably bad news for KJ or Dez.......maybe both......i just don't see ORU carrying 3 sub 6ft guards after the debacle this past season.

Sutton has specifically said they were too small at the guard position.

8 hours ago, ORUalum said:

probably bad news for KJ or Dez.......maybe both......i just don't see ORU carrying 3 sub 6ft guards after the debacle this past season.

Sutton has specifically said they were too small at the guard position.

Who is KJ?  Dez is the only sub 6 ft player left from last year.

If this was the NFL, and I was Dez, I would be lying there in the dorm waiting for that knock on the door with a message to "go see The Turk - and bring your playbook".  :worried:

Looks like we do have a champion coming in for next year. Maybe he can bring back the winning ways.

C6vNvhRWgAAZ2af.jpg