2017-18 (Roster, Schedule, etc)

ORUalum

This schedule is quite a challenge for an inexperienced team. Our guards will have to grow up pretty quick. 

late add......sounds like this may have been one to replace an IUPUI game.    Coach Mills deciding take a check rather than a non D1 opponent?  if the schedule is already ridiculous, what's one more road game against a P5 school?

Another road game???...at this point what's the Diff?....TheEagleman loves playing the Hogs but winning double digits is gonna be a difficult task....:grimacing:

38 minutes ago, ORUIllini said:

Seems very similar to the scheduling philosophy of Coach Sutton......

Hard to say what Coach Mills scheduling philosophy would look like since the majority of this year's schedule was already in place when he was hired.

• Upvote 1

Hey, look at the bright side:  it appears ORU may not have to return a game to RIchmond!  LOL

Brutal schedule; hard-pressed to envision more than 10 wins this season. 

My guess is Mills would prefer 2 or 3 power five opponents and more mid-majors willing to do a home and home.  This year he's in a tough spot.  5 power five plus UNLV, Tulsa, Florida Gulf Coast and UALR all on the road.  Then throw in the Pepperdine tourny in Malibu and we have a serious travel schedule.  The home schedule is small but relatively easy.  Only Oakland and MO State as D1 opponents.  I think we end up with NAIA or Div3 schools filling out the IUPUI gap during conference play.

15 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Hard to say what Coach Mills scheduling philosophy would look like since the majority of this year's schedule was already in place when he was hired.

I can't speak to how much of the schedule was already in place when Coach Mills was hired, but, Penn St., UNLV, Minnesota, and Arkansas were all added just within the last couple of months over the summer, so those power conference games I'm guessing are from Mills.

Regardless, November and December will not be easy months for this young team....

Scrimmage @ Wichita St

Wichita State will play a closed scrimmage against Oral Roberts for a second consecutive season. The teams will practice on Oct. 28 at Koch Arena. The scrimmage is closed to the public and the media.

Missouri St at home Dec 10

The Bears will host Hampton University on Friday, Dec. 8, travel to regional rival Oral Roberts on Dec. 10 and then close out the non-conference schedule at JQH Arena against Wright State on Dec. 19.

Wait.....A HOME GAME???.....sounds like a chance to break out those nice gray unis.....:eagles:.:oru-logo::eagles:

1 hour ago, ORUalum said:

Missouri St at home Dec 10

Are we sure that's not a typo? :smile: 

Schedule finally released.  These look like the only games we did not have.

• Southern Nazarene - Dec 8
  • East Texas Baptist - Jan 23
  • Nebraska Christian - Jan 27

I thought we could only have 2 non-D1 games during the regular season? Someone refresh me on that rule. 

Also, the game against Avila is an exhibition correct? It's not marked as exhibition on the current schedule.

I think the NCAA is giving Summit teams a waiver on the amount of non D1 teams we play this year based on the timing of IUPUI's departure.