• Eman
  • Miller
  • Mcdaniel
  • Manek
  • RJ Smith
  • Emir Ahmedic
  • Ka'Juan (KJ) Malveau.
  • Jamichael Morgan

that's how it stands today with a minimum of one more player to sign in the spring.  if past is prologue, expect one or two of the above named not to be on campus next fall.  (among those better not be Owens, Martin, or Eman)

i guess it's assumed that no coaching change will be made.  i have to think next year there better be signs of life or Dr Wilson will be forced to act.

they better find a legitimate D1 PG and some desire to guard people or it's going to be another long season.

If Owens, Big E, K Mart or Miller leave, our staff should be fired on the spot!  I am sick and tired of seeing people leave this program like Bilbury, Jeffries and others.  Sorry, but if they lose these guys it will be a VERY LONG SEASON.

• Upvote 1

Man, I'm really sorry to learn that news about Darian. Would have liked to see him enjoy some success before ending his career. Seems like a great guy. 

Me too OT, I had great hopes for him next year.  Now at the end of this season we will be losing four guys who saw significant playing time, meaning another rebuilding year.  Sad coming off what could be a 8-22 season and we will be "rebuilding" again next year.  Absolutely pathetic!

52 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Man, I'm really sorry to learn that news about Darian. Would have liked to see him enjoy some success before ending his career. Seems like a great guy. 

Darian graduated LAST May, so he must have some post-graduate credits earned from this year.  I can certainly understand why he would not want to continue if his knees are a mess and he can begin his "going pro outside of athletics" career.  I hope that he is honored at Senior Night on Wednesday, as he did graduate and is a senior in every aspect except eligibility.  Very nice young man - and one that we can be proud of.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

Now at the end of this season we will be losing four guys who saw significant playing time, meaning another rebuilding year. 

Those four guys (Anderson, Bradley, Young, and Harris) have played 55% of all team playing time over the most recent eight games.  There will be lots of opportunities for newcomers next season, which may not be all bad for a 20+ loss team.

My point is the staff did little to get any other players besides AJ, Big E, K Mart and Chris Miller on the floor.  AJ, Big E and Chris Miller split time to a great extent in our 4 guard lineup.  Dez only got his gratuitous 1 minute each game.  So basically, we start over next year if we are going to continue with the 4 guard look.  That is pathetic for a team coming off a 20+ loss season.

The backcourt situation has been a dumpster fire for several seasons, which is amazing considering how many guards ORU signs each year.

You would think just by the law of averages that ORU would have signed a "keeper" during that spell, but ironically the best guard the past five or six years was transfer Obi Emegano, a recruit that ORU initially passed on coming out of high school in Edmond.

3 hours ago, ORU82 said:

So basically, we start over next year if we are going to continue with the 4 guard look.

That is why I was an advocate for giving other players more minutes.

Besides giving us a better chance to win this season it would have prepared us for next year.

13 hours ago, ORUalum said:

that's how it stands today with a minimum of one more player to sign in the spring. 

I am holding out hope that that one player will be Tre Evans.......anyone know how strong ORU's chances still are, and when he might make a decision?

15 hours ago, ORU82 said:

I am sick and tired of seeing people leave this program like Bilbury, Jeffries and others.

I realize that playing time isn't the only reason we have been losing players BUT sitting more talented players sure hasn't helped.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

I realize that playing time isn't the only reason we have been losing players BUT sitting more talented players sure hasn't helped.

Playing time had nothing to do with Jeffries or Bilbury leaving. 

We know why Billbury went to VCU....but Why did Dequan leave ORU??...:tmi:

What do you think is the recruiting pitch that can land any new talent?  "We used to be good 15 years ago".  "We didn't make the summit this year, you will help us turn it around."?    What is going to keep any of these guys we have here?  I am not sure I see things getting much better next year.  

10 hours ago, EagleManiac said:

Playing time had nothing to do with Jeffries or Bilbury leaving. 

I'm not so sure that playing time wasn't a factor in Jeffries leaving. 

At least, not being promised a starting spot last spring may have been a contributing factor.

I feel Jeffries didn't fit in with the culture of the team or university. He had the Kawhi Leonard vibe to me. Sucks that he transferred to Tulsa, I thought he had a real chance to start this season and play a big factor.

Hey....Sam McCants didn't fit in with our culture and we just inducted him into the ORU HOF....:-P....but I hear your point, Al.....it will be tough watching Jeffries play for the Golden Hurricane for the next 3 seasons.....:tmi:

I thought I remember Jeffries making a comment after leaving that he wanted to play for a winner and that was why he was leaving.  If in fact he did say that it makes one wonder what he saw internally that we do not see from the outside looking in?