Path to the Summit

ORUIllini

So, you're sayin' there's a chance.....

Someone please correct me, but here's what I think needs to happen...

1- obviously ORU needs to win at least one of the last two to get 5 conference wins

2- WIU is a non-factor to ORU because a tie with them does no good since they swept the season series

3- so ORU needs IUPUI to lose their final 3, @ Denver, and home to Ft. Wayne and South Dakota, which is quite possible

4- however, with ORU and IUPUI splitting this year, the tiebreaker then goes to performance against conference finishers 1,2,etc..IUPUI did split with NDSU, so ORU would need to beat them next Wednesday, IUPUI has already lost once to SD, so if ORU beats SD today and IUPUI loses next week, that's good too...depending on how the top shakes out the last week

I know it's wishful thinking, but I just feel like this team has not and will not quit these last two games.....

Wishful thinking is a dangerous thing in a season like this.. 

Solid post. Good info to know. 

You heard it here first....

IUPUI loses tomorrow @ Denver

ORU beats NDSU next Wednesday to finish 5-11

IUPUI loses to Ft. Wayne next Thursday and South Dakota next Saturday and finishes 5-11

South Dakota wins the Summit and the #1 seed

ORU wins the tiebreaker with IUPUI having beat the Coyotes in Tulsa, IUPUI went 0-2 vs. SD

ORU beats South Dakota in the opening round of the Summit Tourney

• Upvote 1

Uh, you may want to put down the crack bowl and back away from the liquor cabinet before posting.  JK. It would be great to see.

I don't know the specifics of the tiebreaker rule, but I think we also need to have Western Illinois win one of their last two games (along with IUPUI losing all three and ORU defeating NDSU next week).  If ORU, IUPUI and WIU are all tied at 5-11, I think that they would first look at head-to-head, and since all IUPUI split with both ORU and WIU, but WIU swept ORU, then ORU would lose the tiebreaker.  We only get in if it is just a tie between ORU and IUPUI.

11 hours ago, ORU82 said:

Uh, you may want to put down the crack bowl and back away from the liquor cabinet before posting.  JK. It would be great to see.

what I do in the privacy of my home on a Saturday night after an ORU loss and before I post on ORUSports.com is my business....:stuck-out-tongue-winking:

unfortunately, it's been that kind of season for all of us!

10 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

I don't know the specifics of the tiebreaker rule, but I think we also need to have Western Illinois win one of their last two games (along with IUPUI losing all three and ORU defeating NDSU next week).  If ORU, IUPUI and WIU are all tied at 5-11, I think that they would first look at head-to-head, and since all IUPUI split with both ORU and WIU, but WIU swept ORU, then ORU would lose the tiebreaker.  We only get in if it is just a tie between ORU and IUPUI.

great point 82! if you're right, we may be toast, because WIU has two pretty tough games to finish, against South Dakota and Ft. Wayne, both at home, though...

ORU is toast....8-21....what a horrible season....:puke:

IUPUI wins by 11 @ Denver today....season is officially over, and guess I was smoking too much crack!

on to baseball,at least they're 3-0