Little Rock at ORU

theeagleman5

First Pitch today at JLJ at 3pm CST.....ORU has lost 3 of their last 4 openers so let's hope the Good Guys get off to a better start today....looking for a big year from Matt Whatley.....weather looks great with temps in the 70s and on Sunday you can run the bases after the game....TheEagleman wonders if OT, Terry and others will be out there testing their old legs???....:-D

Bryce Howe getting the opening day start for ORU....he retires the Trojans in the 1st giving up a hit and striking out the side.....:eagles:

i was hoping they would have upgraded their starting pitching.  i was not convinced Howe was a friday arm last season......hope he proves me wrong.

on ORU's good teams, he would be a Sunday or mid-week starter.

• Upvote 1

Agee Alum....Howe isn't an ace but not sure what else we have this season.....UALR up 1-0 in the 3rd.....:geek:

Heard coach say we have a couple of juco pitchers that will compete for the starting rotation. Hard to give new guys the rock in the first game. They will get their chance. 

Man, how nice was that comeback after falling down 4-0 early?  Rallying for a 10-4 win in your home opener is a sweet way to open the season. 

Curious to see how the starting pitching fares the rest of the weekend!

really nice contributions from some new faces --- McGregor out of the pen and Hernandez and Snypes at the bottom of the lineup.

Huge HR by Brent Williams who had four RBI...five innings of shutout relief from McGregor and McCutchin....the Mac Boys?....feels great to be 1-0 as ORU shows they have grit and can come from behind....let's get another one today!....:eagles:

holy cow!!!!

the blue on blue uniforms with gold collar and gold billed caps are, in a word,...........HIDEOUS!!!!

All Blue unis are pretty bad but ORU pitching is pretty good so far....McMinn with a 2 hitter in the 5th and the Good Guys up 1-0 on a Cummings RBI single...the outfield is all brown/dead grass except for left field....that's a bit ugly too......:eagles:

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

holy cow!!!!

the blue on blue uniforms with gold collar and gold billed caps are, in a word,...........HIDEOUS!!!!

Yeah what the heck lol....  I kinda like the two-tone caps to mix it up every now and then. Maybe blue/grey in the future?

But the gold collars with blue uni's and blue pants are pretty terrible. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen navy pants before.

McMinn works out of a jam in the 6th.......much better starting pithing today.

ready to get  ORU's guy on the baseball call......this UALR play-by-play guy is almost as bad as the ORU uniforms:D

ORU has 4 or 5 different looks in baseball.  why can't we get a throwback Titans jersey to mix in?

Still ORU 1-0 as we head to the 8th....:eagles:

Nice win. Had several chances with bases loaded in a couple of innings. Good to see our pitching hold up.