ORU at Omaha

theeagleman5

The Good Guys head north for another nust win at Omaha tomorrow night.....ORU has to win at least one on the road this week and Saturday at South Dakota is the much tougher game....TheEagleman doesn't see ORU having much of a chance vs. the Coyotes.....but this game vs. the Mavericks is winnable....we've already beaten them handily at Mabee Center and Omaha has had an up and down season currently at 13-13 and 6-7 in the Summit having lost two straight.....Omaha has also lost 3 Summit games at home so this is one that the Good Guys can steal if we play well.....frankly, nothing shocks me with this team any more so who knows what will happen.....it's a coin flip.....but with their backs against the wall, TheEagleman will go with his alma mater one more time.....Aaron Anderson and Big Albert lead the way again as ORU holds on late....ORU 86  Omaha 83......:eagles:

The morning line has Omaha as a 6 point favorite....no over/under listed yet.....our previous game with the Mavs was a high scoring affair with 189 total points...so TheEagleman is thinking about teasing ORU with the over depending on that number.....big game tonight....I hope that the Golden Eagles are rested and ready to fight....GO BLUE!!!....:eagles:

Over/Under is a whopping 168.5 and the line has dropped to Omaha -5.5.......still thinking I will tease ORU and the Over which gives me a 6 point cushion on each....I expect a close high scoring contest....we need a big win tonight!....:eagles::hcsutton2::oru:

Shame of it all is that they seem to have figured some things out on defense, but 23 offensive rebounds surrendered?  That's just awful.

To quote Bill Murray in Caddyshack....."hey Lama, how about a little something for the effort?"....yeah, ORU again played hard last night but came up on the short end in overtime, 83-76.....TheEagleman didn't see the game and he took a loss because the game ended up UNDER the number even with the extra five minutes....so this was loss #20 which is a new low (8-20).....we still have an outside shot to make the Summit Tournament by winning our final two games but we will need some help.....let's fact it folks, that's not gonna happen....the lights will get turned out at South Dakota on Saturday night....and next week at home vs. NDSU will likely be a meaningless Senior Night contest.....this is a tough day but one we had to see coming all season.....we just don't have the horses this year....players and coaches are all lacking.....;(:tmi::-(

Our center plays 36 minutes and grabs 2 rebounds.  It's more than size. It's effort and technique. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Terry...not acceptable.....that's 2 more rebounds than a dead man for Big Albert but he did have 24 points....he's just a bit soft....however, TheEagleman notes guards Anderson and Bradley had 9 and 8 rebounds respectively.....that's interesting....again, I didn't see the game so others will have to explain......:geek:

36 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

Our center plays 36 minutes and grabs 2 rebounds.  It's more than size. It's effort and technique. 

Ouch. I didn't see the box score.

You are correct...sadly. 36 minutes for a 6-9 guy and 2 rebounds? Wow.

Anderson averages more RPG than Owens. SAD!!! (as the POTUS would say)

Speaking of Anderson, didn't hear much from him last night. I know he had some foul trouble, but after all of the great information shared here about his use in the offense the past few games, it's almost as if someone read the board and said, "You know all that positive stuff you guys just pointed out? Yeah, we're not going to do that anymore"

• Upvote 1