ORU AT IUPUI

theeagleman5

Our 7-19 Good Guys are in Indianapolis tonight to face IUPUI...short and sweet... the Jags are coming off a big road win and have already whipped us at Mabee Center...We are 0-15 on the road...TheEagleman cant see ORU going up there and getting a win unless IUPUI shows up complacent...probably not...the home team will hand ORU loss #20 today....86-77.....ouch.....;(

Up 11 at the half....question is, do I keep watching in the 2nd half, just to get another kick in the gut.... or is this the game they pull it out and finish their opponent off?

38 minutes ago, ManiacAlum said:

Wait for it....

Jags go on 10-0 run over just two minutes to cut ORU lead from 13 to 3 with 4:00 to go. 

Stop me if you've heard this one before...

HEY, HEY!!!  The road losing streak is over!

Good guys hang on to win it, 74-68. It wasn't pretty down the stretch, but they ground it out. 

Still alive for Sioux Falls - next stop, "Bugaha" (yes, I am a long time "Clone" - Google it if you don't understand).

they tried to give it away, but hang on for their first road win in over a year.

post of the basketball season...:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:...exactly what everyone was thinking...

58 minutes ago, ManiacAlum said:

Wait for it....

• Upvote 1

Its a MIRACLE!!...a win on the road...and TheEagleman teased ORU +12 and Under 167....i love it!!!!!:eagles:

I am not sure how intentional the offencive strategy was, but going to both Aaron Anderson and Albert Owens in the post seemed to really work.  Not exactly sure why our Point guard is playing to post, but AA's aggressiveness really made a difference.  I am so glad these guys didn't quit the season and came up with a big W tonight. They looked poised. They gutted out when they would have faded in past games.  I didn't get to hear the postgame but I wonder what Sutton said the difference was tonight.

Two quick notes....Dez gets the customary 2 minutes of action, and,

Nzekwesi goes scoreless?....yet ORU still gets the win!

Great win by the good guys...  It certainly got tight at the end, but they gutted it out with some good defense and timely offense.  While I question some of the substitutions in the last five minutes (although some were necessary due to foul trouble), the coaching staff was engaged to the bitter end... and it paid off.  

The real difference tonight was the re-emergence of Kris Martin.  He had confidence from the beginning of the game (although he didn't start), and definitely found his sweet three-point stroke again.  After several games where he was invisible (or worse), it was nice to see him back in good form.

And kudos to the big guys, Albert and Chris, who both had four fouls at the 5 minute mark, yet neither fouled out although IUPUI ran several sets right at them with the full intention of drawing that fifth foul and changing the dynamics of the game.

57 minutes ago, ORUIllini said:

Two quick notes....Dez gets the customary 2 minutes of action, and,

in fairness, his 2 minutes were awful.  i think ORU gave up back to back 3's and the offensive seemed disjointed.  Dez had to hoist up a shot late in the shot clock because of no movement and too much dribbling.  also there was a turnover or 2 from ORU during that period (although neither was from Dez if i recall correctly).

1 hour ago, ORUIsbig said:

I am not sure how intentional the offencive strategy was, but going to both Aaron Anderson and Albert Owens in the post seemed to really work.  Not exactly sure why our Point guard is playing to post, but AA's aggressiveness really made a difference. 

when ORU needed a bucket last year they posted up Obi.  think back to the DoMo teams -- if Sutton had to have a bucket, he was not posting up DBH or Craion -- it was DoMO  on the blocks for a high percentage shot or a trip to the foul line.

Owens is going to draw a double team every time and Eman has not shown he can score regularly back to the basket (hint -- this should be all he works on this summer) so AA gives him a one on one option and seemed to have some nifty moves in the post.  AY, Bradley, K-Mart, Darian --- are too short or too thin to post up D1 players.

i thought it was great strategy from Coach Sutton.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

• Upvote 1