minnesota

drclean1

This match-up with Minnesota brings back memories of some fantastic Gopher teams that ORU tangled with back in the glory days of the late 70's and early 80's.

Those teams had some lumberjacks at the plate, including Terry Steinbach of Oakland A's fame, and a couple of brothers whose names escape me who could really rake.

Help me out, JB - any other household names on those Gopher teams?

ORU up 2-0 in the 3rd inning.

Roark's absence from the starting lineup is curious. Hopefully just a lineup change due to facing the Gophers lefty starter? I don't know... although Snypes is up in that 2-hole and not in his usual 'secondary leadoff' position at the bottom of the order

big missed opportunity in the second....w/in a pitch or two of chasing their starter.  he seems to be settling in.

Too many walks given up (10), and our hitting was missing (3 hits).  Eagles lose 3-4 in the 13th.  

A short night before playing tomorrow.

:grimacing:

And ORU didn't answer the early wake up call today with another loss to Iowa, 7-5....the first losing streak of the season.....need to salvage the finale vs. Hawaii tomorrow afternoon.....:worried:

Six of the Hawkeyes' seven runs were scored from three Iowa home runs.  Outside of the bombs, ORU played well enough to win.

Another loss today, 6-4 to Hawaii....so ORU goes 0 for Minnesota....time to get back to Tulsa......:tb-blue: