minnesota

drclean1

I'm considering going to the games at Minnesota.  I grew up in Iowa and have some fiends who are thinking about going to watch baseball. does Oru have any one going? 

• 3 weeks later...

So it looks like this tournament is played indoors at the new Vikings Football Stadium (US Bank)....not outside at Target Field....they must be able to move the seats back and have a configuration for baseball because the Dairy Queen Classic is listed as an event on the US Bank Stadium website....we play Minnesota on Friday night, Iowa on Saturday afternoon and Hawaii on Sunday morning....should be an interesting tournament and the way that ORU is playing, we surely have a chance to win it.....:eagles:

Here is a link to an article that shows several different photos and a little video of a game being played there.  The University of Minnesota just played their first game there (ever) last Friday.  That yellow line about 2/3 of the way up the right field wall is the home run line.  The dugouts are interesting and the bullpen appears to be tucked way down the left field line.  Apparently no seating is allowed in the outfield, even though there are apparently no barriers to prevent you from sitting out there.

Even though the writer of this article is fairly critical of the baseball layout, for the day games, having the natural light come through the roof is very cool.  It is an impressive stadium and it should be a lot of fun for the team.

Im seeimg a heart specilist thursday so my trip to minneapolis is shelved.  Too bad the three teams Iowa ORU and Minnesota and Hawaii looked good. oh well ill see if they are streammed.

indoor baseball in Minnesota makes me think of the Hefty Bag wall....they should put one up in the outfield for old times sake.

0b5cf9a76caa7fb05ffb40c61616ce2d.jpg

I just realized there's no dirt on that playing surface in the above picture. Not even sliding pits like in the old indoor stadiums. 

Hawaii beat Minnesota last night, 11-2....the Gophers will come to the stadium today in ill humor.....Go Blue!....:eagles: PS....any word on Bryce Howe?....is he able to pitch this weekend?

The Gophers' schedule seems a bit crowded over the new few weeks:

Feb 24-26  Seattle (won 3)

Feb 28  NDSU (lost)

March 2  Hawaii (lost)

March 3  ORU

March 4  Hawaii

March 5  Iowa

March 7  SDSU

March 8  Milwaukee 

March 10-12  Missouri State

March 15  at Cal

March 17-19  at Sacramento State