Western Illinois at ORU

theeagleman5

Five games to play and TheEagleman projects that we have to go 3-2 to make the Summit League Tournament....one of those wins will need to be tomorrow night vs. WIU....a loss in this game and ORU is virtually eliminated...so this is basically a "playoff type" game at Mabee and hopefully this will generate some fan interest....then again we are 7-18 so I can understand the lack of interest in this squad....Western Ill. isn't that much better at 7-15 but they are one game up in the standings thanks to the 15 point thrashing they put on us last month in Macomb.....but they got whipped in their two games last week vs. SDSU and Omaha....I am hoping that revenge and desperation will be motivation enough for this underachieving ORU bunch.....It seems that we win at home when Bradley and Anderson play well....that hasn't been often but we will need both to come thru on Wednesday evening...of course, we need Albert to get his 20....so it's do or die and TheEagleman will go to the well one more time and predict that the Golden Eagles will show up with a good performance and keep the post season flame alive with an 88-79 victory over the Leathernecks and then travel north for another must win at IUPUI on Saturday.....GO BLUE!!!:eagles:

Here's hoping (and praying) for a win tomorrow night. I've been to every home game this year, and they've gotten progressively sadder. I don't think I can bear to sit and watch another loss.

We need a miracle!!!

ORU opened as an eight point favorite, which has now moved to 8.5.   While this is definitely a game that we SHOULD win, we've had plenty of those go awry this season.  Nice to see that some people with money (and wanting more) are confident in the Eagles tonight.  Let's hope they are rewarded!

ORU shouldn't be an 8 1/2 point favorite over anybody the way we have been playing.....that's just nuts....but maybe Vegas knows something we don't which is usually the case...over/under is set at 153....I am not sure I am crazy enough to bet this game but would have to lean toward teasing ORU and the Over again.....but who knows...we could get hammered tonight....not sure which ORU team will show up....if we have any pride and character then this is a game we should win by 10+.....but alas....:x:eagles:

As I stated elsewhere, this is a game we must win if we have any hope of seeing the Summit Tourney.  So, our backs are against the wall, we are playing at home against a very beatable opponent, and basically have nothing to lose and everything to gain by winning.  Oh, and we have a national audience by playing on ESPN3. What more motivation do we need?  GO GOLDEN EAGLES!

TheEagleman has  made a small play on ORU teased with the Over....so I have ORU -2.5 and the O/U is 146.5....IN SUTTON WE TRUST....one more time......;-):eagles:

They tried, I'll give them that....just playing out the string now....I think this could be an interesting off season for ORU basketball.

Its a wrap....this pathetic season is all over except for 4 meaningless games. ORU will finish 9th... BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!....:n::puke:

the worst team in the country defending the 3 and K-Mart does not start?  was any reason given?  K-Mart scored 21 at WIU earlier this season.

the season is over, why can't we see what a starting line-up of AA, K-Mart, D Harris, Eman, and Owens could accomplish playing 30-35 min over the last few games

the devotion to AY and Bradley is beyond me

I agree with the AA, D. Harris, K-Mart, Big E and Albert lineup with Chris Miller and Dez thrown in a lot.  Start building for next year.  Bradley should be used only to give others a breather, and Young basically doesn't see the floor.  This season is done.  Use the next 4 games to start preparing for next year.  And yes, at the end we did try but as Steve and Al said on the broadcast, we needed to play the other 36 minutes with intensity as well.

• Upvote 1

Really poor night for ORU all around. 

Men lose to the perennial conference doormat at home (which, in turn, now makes ORU the doormat, something I NEVER thought I would see). 

Women are never in the game in an 82-35 blowout in Brookings. 

Baseball season can't come soon enough.  Best news of the night was the notification on the broadcast that several BASEBALL games from JLJ will be covered on ESPN3 this season, starting with March 11 vs. DBU. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

the devotion to AY and Bradley is beyond me

Play seniors instead of the best players is a ridiculous but a long standing problem.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully playing the Seniors stops now.  What is there to fear, we lose the game?  Start getting  next year's players on the floor the entire game.  Use these last 4 games to teach and experiment.

Head scratching abounds tonight:

1. Not starting the best 3-point shooter on the team against the worst 3-point defense in the country. 

2. Dez McDaniel getting his obligatory 1 minute of playing time in the first half. Can't help but think, while observing this strangely-ritualistic 60 seconds in the sun, that it was a huge mistake either not redshirting him this year, or not playing him more. 

3. Jalen Bradley settling for a pull-up 12 footer trailing by THREE with 2 seconds left. That's a senior point guard, folks, with more floor time than anyone else on the team.

4.  Not having a timeout during that crazy last possession after WASTING one at the 4:30 mark following a Kris Martin 3 to cut the deficit to 7 points.  The suicidal "rally-killing time out" strikes again!

5. Inbounding the ball a mere 8 feet or so onto the floor down THREE with half a second left, instead of either rolling it to half court without the clock starting, or heaving a pass between half-to-three-quarters down the court for a more realistic 3-point try at the buzzer. 

It's like one of those nightmares you can't wake from - where's Freddy Kruger to put us all out of our misery?

+1 on all FIVE of those points above and the few previous posts about last nights' game...this entire season has been a nightmare from the get go....TheEagleman is beyond disappointed and distressed with the direction of the ORU Mens Basketball program...Bradley??....that two point shot down 3 in the final seconds says it all about him.....:puke::ph34r::blink: