MBB Summit Tournament

ORob1

Does anyone know what has to happen for us to get in?  With so few games remaining, there has to be a defined path to getting in or being eliminated.

Heartbreaking season.

Bring back the flame...

Rob   

Current Standings

1. NDSU                   7-3
  2. Denver                7-4
  3. South Dakota      7-4
  4. Omaha                6-5
  5. IPFW                   5-5
  6. SDSU                  5-6
  7. IUPUI                   4-6
  8. WIU                     4-7
  9. ORU                    3-8

Remaining Schedules

SDSU

• @ NDSU
  • @ South Dakota
  • IUPUI
  • @ IPFW
  • Denver

IUPUI

• @ Omaha
  • ORU
  • @ SDSU
  • @ Denver
  • IPFW
  • South Dakota

WIU

• @ORU
  • Denver
  • @NDSU
  • South Dakota
  • IPFW

ORU

• @ WIU
  • @ IUPUI
  • @ Omaha
  • @ South Dakota
  • NDSU

Well....winning on Wednesday night at Mabee vs. WIU would be a good start...they are the team just above us in the Summit standings...if we lose this next game we are just about cooked....we will probably have to win 2 more Summit games after Wed. to get in....6-10 will be required at the very least....depending on what WIU does in their remaining games.....I think we can beat WIU and win at IUPUI....can't see us winning on the road at Omaha or South Dakota....it may all come down to the final game at home vs. top seed NDSU....but the way ORU has been playing down the stretch lately....TheEagleman isn't counting on a trip to Sioux Falls this year which would be very embarrassing....but as someone else said previously....maybe that is what it will take to get the attention of the administration.....this squad needs a shake up as this is the worst season since the mid 90's.....;(

2 hours ago, ORob1 said:

Does anyone know what has to happen for us to get in?  With so few games remaining, there has to be a defined path to getting in or being eliminated.

Heartbreaking season.

Bring back the flame...

Rob   

Great to hear from you again, Rob, nonetheless.

Despite what a couple of trolls have posted on occasion, we know that members of the Athletic Department and the school administration really DO read this forum, and it's important right now that all ORU fans make their voices heard, no matter how those fans feel about the current state of the program, and its future.

Looking forward to hearing more from you (and, from the many other ORU supporters "lurking" out there :ph34r:).

1 hour ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Remaining Schedules

ORU

• @ WIU
  • @ IUPUI
  • @ Omaha
  • @ South Dakota
  • NDSU

Actually, that Western Illinois game is at the Mabee Center Wednesday night.

"Y'all come!!"

I don't see any wins on that list except Western.  I hope we can get that one.  But its only a fools hope right now.

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Great to hear from you again, Rob, nonetheless.

Despite what a couple of trolls have posted on occasion, we know that members of the Athletic Department and the school administration really DO read this forum, and it's important right now that all ORU fans make their voices heard, no matter how those fans feel about the current state of the program, and its future.

Looking forward to hearing more from you (and, from the many other ORU supporters "lurking" out there :ph34r:).

Thanks, OT!  I'm never far away and will always support the program.  I admit I'm very guilty of "trolling and lurking" : ).  Would like to be more active and contribute to the board with intelligent posts but I'm usually reading and catching up between work, church, a wife and three very active kids.

For goodness sake, let's get this thing turned around!  ORU basketball is better than this!  This is the first year, I've actually turned off the broadcasts before they're over.  Just so disappointing.  There's always NEXT YEAR!   : (      Boy am I tried of saying that!    Go Big Blue!  

Bring back the flame!

Rob 

Tomorrow's game is a MUST win to have any chance of making the tourney. With a win, ORU and Western will be tied with the very real possibility of both teams then losing out the rest of the way.

Having split head-to-head, I believe the next tie breaker is how you did against all the other conference teams starting with #1 and then moving down...our win over South Dakota may help us...

Agree with the win tomorrow.  WIU is about as big a stiff as we will see this year.  Same thing goes for IUPUI.  Both should be wins but with the way we play, who knows.  I also agree that if we lose to WIU, forget about the Tourney.  In the end, we are playing at home tomorrow night needing a win against a very beatable team.  Our backs are against the wall.  Question is, will this team rise to the challenge?

• Upvote 1

3 point defense will be crucial vs the Leathernecks  They shot us out of their gym last time we played them.  There were a lot of points scored in that game.