ORU at SDSU

theeagleman5

The Jacks are on a 3 wins out of 4 games roll but still are having a subpar season at 11-14....they are just one game up on ORU so a victory tomorrow draws us even with SDSU....it won't happen....we are 0-15 on the road so far this season and TheEagleman isn't hopeful that the streak will end on Saturday.....at least not with the way we played the final 23 minutes vs. Denver on Tuesday night...that truly was rock bottom getting outscored 70-36.....SDSU meanwhile tuned up Western Illinois by 33 points so they should be feeling good about themselves....they also hung up 98 points on the Leathernecks....expect them to put up close to that against the Golden Eagles tomorrow......hopefully, Big Albert didn't miss curfew and will be available for the full game otherwise this thing really could get ugly.....we will need his 25 points to stay competitive....look, if we ARE going to win a road game this year this might be our last shot....but I don't see it....take the OVER once again.....So. Dakota State 92  ORU 82...:x

I know it seems like all hope is lost, and really the only thing left to look forward to is fighting for a spot in the conference tourney and shocking the world by winning it and being a 16 seed that won its conference tourney with a losing record who gets to play someone at Dayton in the play in game....

So, I believe ORU's next three games will determine if that happens....starting Saturday @ South Dakota State, then Western at home next Wednesday, and @ IUPUI next Saturday... all three teams currently sit at 4-6, one game ahead of us...3-0 would be a MIRACLE, but I think if ORU goes 2-1, they make it to Sioux Falls....so I will continue to watch and believe!

bet the OVER and SDSU to cover......i think this team has officially quit.    a team that gives up 59 pts and 72% shooting in a half on their home court is no longer competing

finishing ninth might be a good thing......besides saving the money on a one and done trip to Sioux Falls, it may wake Dr Wilson up to do something about the current state of ORU basketball

1 hour ago, ORUalum said:

it may wake Dr Wilson up to do something about the current state of ORU basketball

Unfortunately what that might look like is moving down from D1. 

1 hour ago, WingMaaaan said:

Unfortunately what that might look like is moving down from D1. 

Depressing that this is more likely to happen than making the NCAA tournament.

Yeah...ORU isnt dropping down...just need better players....Gotta watch Daum today...he might get 40...Big Albert needs a huge game today...we need to show some heart and play a little D. :eagles:

This team has not quit.  However, the 4-guard lineup forces our players to at times have to guard players that are taller than them.  There is definitely still full effort being given.  Jalen Bradley is an example of a player who is sometimes outmatched yet he gives full effort, gets the most out of what he has, and is one of the leading scorers on this team.  That is probably why he gets so much playing time.

This team uses a post presence with Albert and pretty much everyone else shoots jump shots.  If we are shooting well, we can squeak out some wins.  So we are capable of beating a mediocre team on the road.  3 in a row might be somewhat unrealistic however.

18 hours ago, ORU82 said:

Seriously, why do you post garbage about moving down from D-1.  Ain't gonna happen.

I heard Dr. Wilson speak recently, and he specifically mentioned Oral's "brilliant" vision for athletics, which has set ORU apart as the only spirit-empowered University competing at the Division 1 level.  I was definitely encouraged to hear the President acknowledge D-1 athletics as a significant component of ORU's brand. 

Back to basketball, today's game may be the most important match-up on the remaining schedule.  As the "team left out" will likely be ORU, SDSU, WIU or IUPUI, our W-L record against those opponents will be key.  SDSU is the only one of those teams that we could possibly sweep the season series, and a tie-breaker advantage could be the difference as the season winds down.  

So far so good. 33-23 good guys at halftime. Eagleman's over is not looking good. Maybe we're finally playing some defense?

Theeagleman cant win them all...but this ORU Mens Basketball Team cant win ANY on the road...0-16....blowing another double digit 2nd half lead....we might as well suit up Bill Murray because this IS Ground Hog Day....:-P

Sounds like SDSU got to the free throw line an awful lot down the stretch (32 total free throws to 15 for ORU).

Did anyone watch the end of the game?  Did ORU get home-cooked?

AA fouled out, but they had a guy foul out as well.  I don't think you can blame the loss on officiating.  It's sad watching us at the end of every game.

Yet another demoralizing loss! I was able to watch most of the game, but had to leave with about 6 minutes left.... the early part of the game was rough offensively for both teams, but from about the ten minute mark of the first half to the ten minute mark of the second half, ORU built up a 15 point lead against Mike Daum, because that is all SDSU had!

I really can't pinpoint it as to what went wrong other than Daum just was a beast, and I truly believe now that this ORU team has gotten to a point where if they have a lead and the other team starts to comeback, doubt sets in and they expect to lose.

My other takeaway from the game was regarding the ORU assistant coaches....I didn't see Marc Stricker on the bench....anyone know why?                                                       and maybe it's just me, but I really made notice of Rodney Perry sitting less and standing more during the game....I felt like for someone watching ORU for the first time they would assume that he was the head coach....I'm not saying that Coach Sutton wasn't coaching by any means, it just seemed to me that Rodney was way more involved and vocal during this game...