Denver at ORU

theeagleman5

14 hours ago, ORUJason said:

I have given a lot of thought as to why Aaron Young and Jalen Bradley get so much playing time.  I think it is because they are two of the better 3 point shooters on the team.  Scott knows that we may need to outscore our opponents and you need shooters to do that.  When Jalen is nailing shots, it picks up the whole team.  However, when the shots aren't falling, it can get a little ugly.

In terms of ANY current strategy that compromises the defensive end, I must ask, "And, how is THAT working out for ya?"

• Upvote 1

Not to knock Bradley and/or Young, and sorry for stating the obvious, but our 4 guard lineup at the end of each game is not working.  It has not worked this year and it certainly did not work last year either.  I watch our games and every time I think that somewhere around 10 minutes to go in the game we will start to lose the game.  I just know that during the next few moments we will go with the 4 guard lineup, sacrifice any defense we have and fall apart like a $2 watch.  It happens game after game.  I keep thinking put some big guys in and force the other team to chuck it from the cheap seats.  Give Albert some help down low but it does not happen.  And no offense, but with our small guys on the floor, we play horrible defense.  I would love it to see us go with a "big" lineup towards the end of the game.  By that I mean Albert, Big E, Darian Harris, K-Mart, AA or if need be, Chris Miller.  With that lineup you have a 6'9" guy, a 6'8" guy, two 6'6" guys and either a 6'3" guy or another 6'8" guy.  With that lineup, play physical.  

I too like Coach Sutton, he is a nice guy.  But, we are a D-I program and with each successive year we keep going farther into the ditch, killing the program and whatever support still remains.  One definition of insanity is to continue to do the same thing over and over when it clearly is not working.

TheEagleman turned on the TV last night to FoxNews and saw campus rioting and fires being set....I assumed there was a massive demonstration going on at 7777 South Lewis over our 7-17 men's basketball team but it turned out to be at Cal-Berkeley something about a protest over a right wing speaker.....never mind.....:eagles:

I've decided that losing lots of games this year must have been a strategic move. We keep hearing that the really good teams in the country won't come play us at Mabee Center because we have too much of an advantage. After this season, maybe we'll be able to schedule marquee teams. :(