Fort Wayne at ORU

theeagleman5

Agree with the "play to win every game" attitude for this season.

But, I also agree Dez and Chris should be getting MANY more minutes.

Not for next year - I think they could make ORU better THIS year.

40 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

So you don't throw away the season.  You play your best players.

This season has already been thrown away. ORU can either build for the future or continue driving the program into the ditch.

The best players are not getting minutes. There is absolutely zero reason to keep playing Bradley or Young unless we are purposely tanking.

• Upvote 1

I usually like Young, but he was not helping yesterday.  Dez didn't sniff the floor.  Darrian should absolutely start and get 35 min per game from here out. He is a solid rock out there and does everything. I am surprised we climbed back into that game at all. It was pretty depressing.  

I am a loyal but fairly apathetic fan. I am usually not bothered by wins or loses. But this year has really frustrated me.  Im almost at the point that I need to not watch or go to the rest of the games.  Its not good for me. 

ORU is clearly tanking for a better draft choice....Trust the Process........Oops...this isnt the NBA....:-P:hcsutton:

You guys do realize that, regardless of regular season record, whoever wins the conference tournament in Sioux Falls gets to go to the NCAA tournament?

Do I think that's feasible for ORU?  Not really, not until they start playing better defense and executing during crunch time.

But, do I think it's possible?  Sure - I haven't seen any team in the league this year that ORU's best performance couldn't overcome.  There's enough talent there, relatively speaking.  The trick is getting that kind of performance over three nights in March.

And, THAT is why you keep playing for this season, and let next year take care of itself.

TheEagleman likes the positive vibes.....at 7-16 we are surely on our way to a 20 loss season for the first time since the mid 90s....but no reason that ORU can't get back on the winning side vs. Denver on Tuesday night.....but still trying to figure out how Martin went scoreless on Saturday....didn't see the game...that's inconceivable.....:geek:

Our record in Sioux Falls doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

It would be great of we went on an Oakland/Pierre Dukes type tournament run BUT the problems we have are compounding and making each successive season worse.

I would still put Dezmond McDaniel, Darian Harris, Chris Miller, Emmanuel Nzekwesi, Kris Miller and Albert Owens on the floor as much as possible.  As for AA, Bradley and Young I would have them on the floor but my main focus would be getting the first group as much PT as possible.  That first group will all be back next year.  AA, Bradley and Young are gone at the end of the season.  Right now I do not think we are playing all of that first group enough.  AA and Bradley have performed great at times and a lot of the time are average.  I am not convinced on Young at all and given the choice between he and Dez, Darian or K-Mart I go for those three all night long over Young.  Regarding possibilities versus probabilities, anything is possible but winning the Summit Tourney is not really probable.  I agree the Summit this year is basically a train wreck and I also agree that we have the "talent" to hang with any team in the League, if we decide to show up and play a complete game.  However, right now we are on schedule to have our second consecutive losing season.  Last year as we all know, we finished 14-17 and 6-10 in the Summit.  This year we are currently 7-16 and 3-6 in the Summit.  If we win the final 7 games we still finish 14-16 but will be 10-6 in the Summit.   Can that happen?  Yes.  Do I think it will?  No.  Something needs to be done because this program is clearly headed in the wrong direction.  That is why I am willing to sacrifice possible wins this year to get our younger people playing time and start to build a team for next year.  At the end of the day in the future when people look back on this season, regardless of how we finish, it will still be a bad season in our program's storied history.  That is a fact!  

49 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Our record in Sioux Falls doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

It would be great of we went on an Oakland/Pierre Dukes type tournament run BUT the problems we have are compounding and making each successive season worse.

I was thinking something more along the lines of Lamar's  unlikely run to the Southland tourney crown back in 2012, following head coach Pat Knight's infamous late-February tirade where he accused his seniors of "stealing money by being on scholarship."