ORU at North Dakota State

theeagleman5

Just now, Old Titan said:

Bradley has absolutely killed ORU's chances in the second half, on both ends of the floor. 

And pairing him with Young doesn't help.

Two automatic defensive mismatches.

• Upvote 2

ridiculous that E-Man only played 13 minutes......other than the run to end the 1st half, Sutton's 4 guard line-up killed him

still can't close out on the road

7 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I've never understood that buzz-kill TO after a made basket in that situation, and I never will: nothing drawn up on defense ever counters what the opponent is given free opportunity to set-up on offense. 

Misti Cussen uses that timeout a lot as well.......i just don't get it

3 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

ridiculous that E-Man only played 13 minutes......other than the run to end the 1st half, Sutton's 4 guard line-up killed him

If he transfers after this season I'm burning every piece of ORU apparel I own. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

The pattern of playing upperclassmen over more talented players needs to change.

We risk running off even more players

• Upvote 2

caught the coaches show on tune-in monday........Sean Sutton said they are looking to sign 2 more guards to finish the 2017 class

It is virtually impossible to hold a lead on the road and/or win a close game on the road without good guard play.

ORU's guard play was atrocious in the 2nd half, and AJ's interior defense was nonexistent for fear of drawing his fourth foul.

Would have loved to see a little full-court pressure with the lead early in the 2nd half, just to keep them off-balance and keep our guys from playing on their heels so much.

But that's not what ORU does:  only time the press is used is late, when desperate. 

So predictable... :@

Watched the game on ESPN3.  Glad to see the posts above because as I sat there watching the game progress I kept thinking Coach would put Big E back in the game.  The farther it went with both Bradley and Young on the floor, the more ticked I got especially at crunch time in the final few minutes.  Outside of a "3", Young was pretty much non-existent and Bradley trying to attack the basket on offense in the last couple minutes killed us.  If you are going to drive inside against their bigs, why do you keep a very talented 6'8" guy who is a good shooter and can play "D" on the bench?  Of course I am talking about Big E sitting when Albert could have used more help inside.  Take nothing away from NDSU but we gave that game away.  Finally, why are we signing 2 more guards?  Hopefully they are at least 6'5" each.

26 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

caught the coaches show on tune-in monday........Sean Sutton said they are looking to sign 2 more guards to finish the 2017 class

Sean did a nice job on the show - better than I remembered from past interviews.  Sounded very relaxed and confident.