ORU at North Dakota State

theeagleman5

It's not much fun having to travel to Fargo, ND in the middle of January especially when the NDSU is on a roll....the Bison have won 6 of 7 and 8 of 10 losing only at Arkansas and Denver since Mid-December....they are also undefeated at home and at 6-1 have a 2 game lead for first place in the Summit League....so this pick is fairly simple...even though ORU played well last week with a pair of impressive home victories....we have not exhibited the same passion on the road so TheEagleman sees very little chance that the Good Guys can come home with a win....it's not impossible but when is the last time we beat the Bison in Fargo?....maybe when Caleb Green was still in blue/gold?....not sure about that but I don't have a good vibe here unless Albert, KMart, Bradley, Anderson, Miller and Eman all have big games....NDSU fans always pack the arena and are loud so we have to hang around for the first 10 minutes and not let the game get out of control...if we are within a few points at halftime then anything could happen....but I have to be honest and call it  NDSU 89  ORU 79 and it won't get much easier with IPFW coming to Tulsa over the weekend.....:eagles:

NDSU is only a 6.5 point favorite...I would have thought at least 8 or 9 with the game in Fargo....perhaps it will go up during the day...anybody know if ORU flies up to North Dakota or does the team take a bus ride?...:eagles:

According to Twitter they flew in yesterday morning and were practicing by the afternoon. At first I thought it seemed super early to be arriving....but then I remembered the whole Ft. Wayne thing and staying in Chicago and taking a bus and arriving an hour or two before tip off.
 I personally don't think arriving 36 hours before is a bad thing....especially if they get the win!

Probably booked the flight well in advance and given the fact that they were going to Fargo in the dead of January, I can understand giving yourself a little cushion in time to get there.  It is not like they are flying into Boca Raton and do not have to worry about adverse weather conditions.  GO GOLDEN EAGLES, make a positive statement tonight!

TheEagleman loves NDSU (-6.5) and the OVER (147)....teasing that combo gives me NDSU (-.5) and (141)....so basically I just need the Bison to win and the teams to score a combined 142....the Vegas line has just jumped to NDSU -7.5 so get your bets in early....that line is going up as predicted.....:geek:

at pregame tailgate at bwws.   lots of buzz for ndsu lately. (dont know what happened at denver!)

if ndsu is on from 3 point land, they can play with any team in top 20, if they are off they will ugly up the game in paint with dexter werner...

ill give some updates, surprised to see oru with a losing record, but we respect you alot!

• Upvote 1

big league (or is it bigly?) advantage for the bizon tonight.  i'm sure Kyan did the scout - he'll know every play and tendancy

tough sledding for ORU.  i wonder if they can get NDSU into a run and gun shootout......that seems to be the only way ORU can win lately

well....as much as i've railed against Sutton using a 4 guard line-up; give him credit --- 4 guards + Big Al finished the half on 15-0 run

NDSU had no answer for Albert that half.  it would be nice to see E-Man get something going in the second half.

Those last ten minutes of the first half were EPIC.

:a-owens: = da bomb

The NDSU big men will be back on the floor to start the 2nd half - AJ has to be careful not to foul. 

• Upvote 1