South Dakota at ORU

theeagleman5

The Coyotes are 13-8 on the season and have won 3 of their last 4 games...they are coming off a home win over IPFW and have just whipped Denver and IUPUI...two teams who have recently beaten ORU....we are 5-14.....enough said....do we have a chance?...sure we do...and Donald Trump has a chance of ignoring all criticism from the Democratic side of the aisle....ORU can't or won't play any defense and there is little chance that we will hold SD under 85 points tomorrow night....TheEagleman has maintained a positive attitude about our season thus far but that has gone up in smoke....South Dakota comes to Tulsa and leaves with an 88-84 victory over the Good Guys sending us further into the abyss.....:unsure:

Now that we've lost in the gold uni's, I'm praying we bust out the grey uniforms tomorrow evening. :sunglasses:

ORU is actually a 1.5 point favorite on the morning line.....yes, the gold uniforms will now likely be gone for the rest of the season....TheEagleman expects Coach Sutton to go back to the home whites tonight but I have no objection to the gray....heck, whatever it takes to get a win....some solid defense would also help......:eagles:

"over" has won the last 6 ORU games and 12 of 16 this season....might be a better play than the point spread

betting against solid defense in the summit league and ORU in particular seems a pretty sure bet

SD is now +2 and the O/U is 150.....TheEagleman is thinking of teasing SD and the over....so I would get the Coyotes +8 and over 144.....that would seem like a good play unless the Good Guys decide to show up and play some D tonight....but what are the chances of that?..In previous seasons except last year, I always felt that I had a great handle on how ORU would play and I always made tons of money on my Alma Mater....several thousand dollars from about 2004-2014...but last year it was barely break even and this year I haven't placed many bets because we have just been so unpredictable...not sure I will even bet tonight...there is just no telling with this team...my wagers are usually VERY small anyway except when I feel the game is a 98% lock....how can you explain the way we played vs. Creighton, Michigan St., Baylor and even holding Little Rock to 48?....then we fail to even show up at IPFW, Western Illinois and IUPUI....ORU is not a good team to wager on this season...that's why they call it gambling and ORU is the ultimate gamble the past two years.........;-)

No clue who's going to win this one:  ORU is on an impressive offensive streak at home, but USD is statistically the best defensive team in the league, and arguably the most complete team in the conference.

So, yeah:  I would have to take the 'Yotes and the "over", if I was a betting man. 8)

I am just flabbergasted that a conference last place team with a 5-14 record would be a now 3 point favorite over a second place 13-8 team. 

Talk about giving the Yotes an added incentive....

Im not a fan of the grey, but the Twitter world has spoken...let's see if grey leads to better defense!

DID YOU KNOW: If Aaron Young is 5'11" as listed in the program, that makes me 7'1". 

...and Yao Ming an 8-footer.

• Upvote 1

Why are we going with the lineup we put on the floor the last 2 minutes of the half?  Basically 4 guards and Albert, with Albert being ALL of the offense and the ONLY offense.  No offense but what do we gain with Bradley and Young on the floor at the same time?  And you are right OT, on TV Young looks like a midget.

14 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

No offense but what do we gain with Bradley and Young on the floor at the same time?

Dez should be getting all of Young's minutes.

BIG win for ORU tonite!...where has this Aaron Anderson been?...20 points and 9 boards....love it!...even some bench scoring....90-80 win and glad I laid off the game....i have never bet against ORU  at  Mabee...lets see if we can follow this up vs. Omaha on Sat night....:eagles::hcsutton2::clap:

1 hour ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Dez should be getting all of Young's minutes.

Could not disagree more. If I'm coach, AY is starting. He does all the right things. Add 3 inches and 30 pounds to him and he's the best player on the court every game. He doesn't fill up the stat sheet, but I love his play. 

Thankful for a big win. Now if my Thunder can pull out a W tonight too, I'll be a very content fella. 

• Upvote 1

Once again a team scored 80 on us.  I am glad we won, glad we scored 90, and i love the run and gun offense right now,  but we can't allow teams to score 80 week in and week out.  

• Upvote 1

Jontray Harris is probably out for the year with a broken foot.  Scott Sutton said in the pregame last night that it is possible that he could return for the conference tournament.

In the postgame interview, Scott sung the praises of AY, Aaron Anderson and Jalen Bradley for scoring 36 points in the 2nd half.  If I understood him correctly, he said that the coaches challenged the 3 senior guards at halftime to step up after only having I think a combined 1 point in the first half.  

He also praised Chris Miller and said that he has dropped some weight over the last few weeks and that is leading to his improved level of play.