S. Dakota St. at ORU

theeagleman5

All 5 starters in double figures...equals win!

ORU should take the mantra of...we're 1-0, let's move on to the next one

From the point that SDSU tied up the game, ORU made 11 of 12 free throws in the last minute and a half (and 23-24 for the game).  That is how you win a basketball game.  Also, better defense would be nice.

Good win! Great effort down the stretch. Like Jason mentioned, Free throws win us the game.  

About 35 minutes of atrocious defense from both sides before they finally decided to lock in. It was like watching an NBA All-Star game.

Daum scores 32. Thought Albert did alright, but I loved the way Eman played on him. Wish he had the assignment the whole night. 

9 hours ago, ORUalum said:

that line makes no sense at all.

Before the game, I would've agreed with you, Alum.  But I guess those guys in Vegas don't just make this stuff up! (5.5 point line, 6 point win)

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Before the game, I would've agreed with you, Alum.  But I guess those guys in Vegas don't just make this stuff up! (5.5 point line, 6 point win)

yep......they hit it on the nose

Silly me, for some reason I thought ORU (playing at home) would put forth an inspired defensive effort.

Instead, their 88-point opponent average in conference play remains perfectly intact.

In the first half, I felt like I was watching one of my son's summer league games.  I kept looking for the running clock, and the refs eating orange slices during play.

And, another reminder of why I don't bet anymore:  if you had SDSU and the 5-and-a-half, you felt like kicking your dog after feeling so cocky when it was tied 83-all with 3 minutes to go.

Celebrate all victories.

And, quit going under the screens on the perimeter.

P.S.  Credit where credit is due:  best game I've seen Jalen Bradley play.  He tested my patience a couple of times, but he did a lot of good things on the offensive end Thursday night. 

As for his defense? 

Well, he did a lot of good things on the offensive end.

If I heard correctly, one or both of the ESPN broadcasters made a comment when AA fouled out that we just lost our only true PG on the team.

38 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

If I heard correctly, one or both of the ESPN broadcasters made a comment when AA fouled out that we just lost our only true PG on the team.

Yeah and Bontrager, answering a question from Big Al on how to play defense against SDSU's point guard, said something to the effect, "you have to get bigger, faster and better players". It was an amazingly honest moment. 

Yep, I heard that too.  I forgot Bontrager made that statement.  I do admire our broadcast team's honesty in these games, you could not confuse them with some of the schills I hear on other teams broadcasts.

I was wondering all night if the fact that Caleb Green was in town this week and attended a practice, and was at the game last night, had anything to do with the team's inspired play. They looked like they really wanted to win.

Big Al and Steve may not be the most polished broadcasting team you're ever going to hear, but they sure are interesting.

"They're like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get." (in best Forrest Gump voice)

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, WingMaaaan said:

Yeah and Bontrager, answering a question from Big Al on how to play defense against SDSU's point guard, said something to the effect, "you have to get bigger, faster and better players". It was an amazingly honest moment. 

i love having Steve Bontrager back on the games.  no offense to the OSU color guy they have had the last few years, but it's just nice to have a former ORU guy giving the commentary.

to the comment above; several of the games i've seen, he was also advocating for giving D. Harris more minutes because of his length on the perimeter.   i hope AY is fine, but ORU may have benefited from a tighter rotation and one less small guard for Sutton to throw on the court.

it will be interesting to see what happens with Dez McDaniel, the guy is getting no playing time.

Good point there....Dez McDaniel was listed in some circles as the potential "Summit League Newcomer of the Year".....any idea why this kid is not getting minutes?...and then we wonder why kids leave after a year at ORU....is he performing that badly in practice?.....:unsure:

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Big Al and Steve may not be the most polished broadcasting team you're ever going to hear, but they sure are interesting.

"They're like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get." (in best Forrest Gump voice)

I really enjoy them calling the games. Reminds me of their radio calls from years ago.

20 hours ago, ORU82 said:

Watching on ESPN3, what a track meet!  By the way does anyone know what is up with Javan White?  I see him on the bench in what appears to be a warm up.  What is his status?

He is redshirting