S. Dakota St. at ORU

theeagleman5

The Jacks come to town tomorrow night at 8-11 and 1-3 in the Summit...they have lost 4 of their last 5 games and also were defeated at WIU last week as ORU was.....So SDSU is struggling this season and this is not the Jackrabbits that we are used to seeing....still, they have a better record than ORU and have to be hungry to win this game...they probably think this where they turn their season around....well, they won't....TheEagleman goes to the well one more time and thinks that ORU will steal this one....we have only lost one at home to TU and that was a game where we basically only had seven healthy bodies....I am not saying that this game is where we turn it all around but this ORU squad definitely appears to be a different team at Mabee Center.....SDSU appears to play less defense than we do.....so I am calling it  ORU 88  SDSU 81.....if we lose this one....I am done.....:eagles:

18 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

.....if we lose this one....I am done.....:eagles:

I don't believe you. ;)

But I think you, along with many others, will be despondent if ORU drops this one.

Is this ORU team simply better at home?

Is SDSU's Mike Daum simply better than anyone on this ORU roster?

Is this season simply a lost cause?

We'll see, starting Thursday night.

No clue on a prediction (though I suspect it may not be as high scoring as some might think).

Yeah, OT....TheEagleman will always keep coming back for more....I just can't help myself....love ORU roundball and will always support the team....as you said, I will be disappointed but not "done"....we just need a win....maybe a few students will show up to support the team and make some noise.....and even better, maybe Albert Owens will take the challenge and handle Daum....the SDSU center is pretty good(22 points and 8 rebs)...:sweat:

i wonder if Eman will get the Daum matchup...

who knows which ORU team will show up?  hasn't that been the problem the last few years?  they can show up and play tough defense for a game or two, but lack consistency

interesting read on SDSU's defensive struggles...SDSU men committed to zone defense (Argus Leader)

Daum reminds me of Mark Acres - can't let him get the ball on the block, and have to get a body on him on the boards.

How on earth, after 100 or so games, does Albert Owens not have one double-figure rebounding game in his career?

ORU has had GUARDS put together multiple games in a season with 10+ rebounds (Korey Bilbury the most recent that comes to mind).

ORU in this one, time to get you guys rolling and obviously watch SDSU Sink.

The zone defense they play is hilariously bad, pop some 3's if you want... or drive to the hole, either way they cant stop you.

Front Daum and force their horrible guards to maneuver that pass over the top all night.

Oru 83 sdsu 68

• Upvote 1

TheEagleman likes the way you are thinking, LakesBison.......enjoy the game with a few more Natty Lights...by the way...ORU is an early 5.5 point favorite which is very hard to believe......can't believe we are favored by that much over anybody at this point but it's a home team line if I ever saw one........;-):eagles:;-)

9 hours ago, lakesbison said:

ORU in this one, time to get you guys rolling and obviously watch SDSU Sink.

The zone defense they play is hilariously bad, pop some 3's if you want... or drive to the hole, either way they cant stop you.

Front Daum and force their horrible guards to maneuver that pass over the top all night.

Oru 83 sdsu 68

I appreciate that you think we can do any of that.

Surprising (to me at least) news out of Vegas:  ORU opened as a 5-point favorite, and it's now up to 5-1/2.

In one of those "hope I'm wrong" comments, I would have to take the Jackrabbits and those points if my paycheck depended on it.

Not saying ORU can't/won't win; just saying if they do, I think it will be closer than 6 points. 8)

that line makes no sense at all.

call me crazy, but i've wondered if the odds makers use the RPI forecast to set the line for low-major / low interest/ obscure games like most Summit games.  what's the spread at RPI forecast for tonight's game....4.8.   what did the game open at.......5

for what it's worth, this is ORU's 2nd best chance of winning a conference game.......66%

having said that i'd take SDSU and the points because i'm fully expecting the Jackrabbits to win tonight by double digits...............hope i'm wrong

Watching on ESPN3, what a track meet!  By the way does anyone know what is up with Javan White?  I see him on the bench in what appears to be a warm up.  What is his status?

Edited by ORU82

first time in weeks EMan has looked like the player we saw at the first of the season

that first half defense (on both sides) resembled a pickup game at the AC

What a fun 1st half of basketball to watch! Really need to pull this one out...a close loss at home can just add to some of the other demoralizing losses this team has gone through this season.

Run and gun basketball is back at Mabee Center tonite.....ORU up 6 with. 4 minutes to go 81-75....:eagles:

TheEagleman cashes in on ORU and the over....94-88 as the Good Guys overcome 32 pts by Daum....Five Eagles in double figures led by Albert with 24 and KMart 20...we will take the win to get out of last place....any chance host SDSU doesnt even make the tournament????...:blink: