January Home Stand

Old Titan

Amidst all the gloom & doom (I'm among the worst), ORU does now begin a virtually unheard of 6-of-7-conference-games stretch at home.

Any thoughts out there that the fellas could hold the fort and get to February with a 6-4 conference mark? 

I mean, the only home loss so far has been to Tulsa...too far-fetched?

even if i put on oruvoice's blue and gold goggles, i don't think i could get ORU to 6-4 in the league.

hope they prove me wrong.....

57 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

even if i put on oruvoice's blue and gold goggles, i don't think i could get ORU to 6-4 in the league.

hope they prove me wrong.....

You might need virtual reality goggles instead.

Or, perhaps more accurately, altered reality goggles. 8)

20 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

You might need virtual reality goggles instead.

Or, perhaps more accurately, altered reality goggles. 8)

beer-goggles.jpg

LOL - reminds me of a t-shirt I once saw: 

"Budweiser:  Helping Ugly People Get Together Since 1876"

This ORU squad has disappointed TheEagleman beyond what words can describe.....with the way our perimeter defense has been virtually non-existent....I would be VERY surprised if we were able to do better than a split of these six January home games which would put us at 3-7 in League play at the end of the month....heck, we could lose any or all of these games although I do think we will win a couple just because we are on home hardwood....still, I don't see any way that we can beat IPFW and we could also lose to South Dakota and either Denver or SDSU.....this team will need a total heart transplant and a lot better bench coaching in order to win 5 of these 6 home contests...plus, it's not like we will have a huge home court advantage at Mabee Center....students have to be very disgruntled with this squad....also, I was reading some info about ORU last week and didn't realize that about 50% of ORU students are now commuters so we have less than 2000 students on campus...back in the old days ORU was 98% on campus student body.....and let's face it, we have no chance of winning the lone road game this month at NDSU....this season has been a total nightmare.....:unsure:

Depressing to say the least, and maybe the worst part is that it doesn't seem like it's going to get any better, at least as far as this season is concerned.

Just want the guys to win and be successful.  Unfortunately, I don't always get what I want. :(