ORU at Western Illinois

theeagleman5

My fault, I meant 4-year point guards. I was including Liberty and Pearson in my question.

Weren't Scott and Sean Sutton both PGs at OSU?....along with their HOF father Eddie, these guys must surely know the importance recruiting good PGs who can distribute the ball to their teammates....there seems to have been a lot of dysfunction going on with this team since DoMo left....and yes, we have not had a really good PG since Pearson.....something just isn't right....we also have been headed downhill since Sean Sutton joined his brother at ORU....TheEagleman has no idea if that's just a coincidence but something is clearly wrong and when you continue to come up short late in games then it's got to be addressed....this game today like several this season was very winnable but in the final 10 minutes ORU fell completely apart and we lose by 15....we don't seem to use timeouts properly and are getting outcoached from a strategy standpoint....giving up 52 points in the 2nd half is not acceptable.....something has to change.....;(

I really thought after the Creighton, Little Rock, and Richmond games that we had turned a corner. 0-3 to start the conference season is really devastating. My confidence in this staff is fading. :unamused:

I'm still baffled with what's going on with Nzekwesi.....early in the season many of us talked like this kid was going to take over and win games single-handedly for ORU....

now, ever since after the Missouri St. game his minutes have dropped substantially....if my memory is correct I think he got hurt in either that game or the Creighton game where he only played 9 minutes....since then, nothing over 20 minutes a game, and that just happened today...

does anyone out there have a thought.....is it just the fact that he's not 100% and the staff wants to not risk losing him for the remainder of the season, or is there something else?

I know he's a frehsman, but it seems like he should be playing a bigger factor for us in these conference games...mainly, more minutes

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/4067707/emmanuel-nzekwesi

i would love to see what a starting line up of: Anderson, Martin, D Harris, Eman, Owens could do each playing 30+ minutes

the length alone should improve the defense and rebounding.

- Young and Bradley would get any minutes that Anderson and Martin needed a rest ---- BUT NEVER ON THE COURT AT THE SAME TIME

Owens - Eman - D Harris, and KMart would get all the minutes they can handle ----- this season is lost......play for next year

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Weren't Scott and Sean Sutton both PGs at OSU?....

Sean was a point, pretty sure Scott was a "2".

One should not have had to play the (any!) position back in the day to appreciate the importance of it as a coach.

Agree Alum, and I would sub in Miller early and often for both AJ and Big E.  BTW, all of these guys are back next year so start the building process for then, now.  Also agree that AY and Bradley only see time to relieve AA and maybe KMart.  AA, Bradley and AY are all seniors so don't waste any more time with them.  It is not like we are shooting for first place in the Summit now.  Again, start building for the future now.  We have nothing else to lose.

I like Anderson's toughness. I don't think he and Bradley have much chemistry.

Bradley playing 34+ minutes a games while a prospect like Dez McDaniel rides the pine boggles my mind, especially if this season becomes a lost cause in terms of wins. 

Agree OT.  The question becomes at what point do we write off the season and start giving our younger players PT?  In other words, use the rest of this season getting the younger players a lot of PT and use this time as a teaching/developmental time for those who will be back next year.  I would still get AA a lot of PT as I think he brings a lot to the table and perhaps he can mentor our younger players.  One more thing as a follow up, what is the story on Big E right now?  Is he still injured?

8 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Bradley playing 34+ minutes a games while a prospect like Dez McDaniel rides the pine boggles my mind, especially if this season becomes a lost cause in terms of wins. 

This is the type of situation that probably ran Jefferies off.

I hope we can convince players like McDaniel, Nzekwesi, and J. Harris to stay.

It doesn't make sense that clearly inferior players are getting 3 to 4 times the playing time just because they are upperclassmen.

• Upvote 1

i just hope there is some soul searching with the coaching staff..........what they are rolling out there currently just flat ain't working

This season has been a nightmare...a long loud BOOOOOO is deserved....play the young kids....Bradley stinks....Anderson is just OK....but hey, ORU baseball starts in 5 weeks!...:eagles:

After three conference games, these stats simply slap you in the face:

Points Per Game Allowed:   88.3
Opponents' Field Goal Percentage:   49.5
Opponents' 3PT Percentage:   52.8

I don't care if they were all road games - that's obscene.

• Upvote 1