ORU vs. Richmond

ORUTerry

Cline (#10) is a good player. Plays with high energy and intelligence. Having trouble matching up with him down low.  

I'm at the game (not behind the bench, nor stuffing hot dogs). 

Emmanuel hasn't played since early second half - is he hurt?

Really good 87-72 win for ORU today against a decent A-10 team....big week coupled with victory over Little Rock hopefully rights the ship as we head into Summit League play.....also an easy win for TheEagleman.......Albert with a big 2nd half.....18 total and  Bradley a solid 22 pts.....This team has  potential.....Merry Christmas and God bless ORU!!!......:eagles:

going on the road i hope they can figure out the technical issues with the radio stream on 1550 games......thankfully they had the video scoreboard feed w/the radio call

2 straight games the radio feed has been off the entire game

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

I'm at the game (not behind the bench, nor stuffing hot dogs). 

Emmanuel hasn't played since early second half - is he hurt?

I know he had an ankle sprain a couple of games ago. Maybe he aggravated it. Or maybe we stuck with Darrian Harris since he was effective in dealing with the press. 

Great win. Props to Voice for the pregame comment. Classy move. 

-Their #10 (Cline) is a heck of a player. There were about ten times I wanted to run onto the court and fight him, but I'd take him on our team any day. Very high basketball IQ. Great post moves, and an even better passer. 

-If a big is going to attempt to front his man, he HAS to have backside help or he just looks silly. Albert attempted to step in front of Cline several times and it left the basket totally empty cause our help side guards were so focused on their own man. Easy score. 

-Our bench continues to impress me. Darian, AY, and Jontray Harris all contributed. 

Darrian Harris was the MVP of this game. He played D on the perimeter and on their big guy.  No one else seemed to be able to handle him.  He hit a few shots.  Got rebounds. He did his job like a man.  Emmanuel was a non factor today.  I really liked what I saw.  3-4 players in double figures.  Bradley is back to being a scoring factor.

Their #10 thought he was Christian Laettner.  And the refs treated him that way.  they totally protected him.  Dude was shoving and draping all over Albert all game and only had 1 foul on him for most of the game.  Albert kind of gave up for a while and seemed to disappear until late in the game, he got mad and got more aggressive.  That's the AO we need to be successful.  Owens had a very quiet 18, except for his monster dunks.  I just wish he was a better defender.   

We drove to the basket way more this game than i have seen us.  And that resulted in good ball movement. Best I've seen.  

Of course, Richmond shot 10% from three.  Had they hit a few more, this may have been a different game. 

23 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Jalen Bradley the leading scorer and rebounder. Where are the haters? :rolleyes:

Yes - how could anyone argue with the eyepopping 3 point field goal percentage of 29%. 

• Upvote 1

Hard to argue with that stat. But if I was coaching he'd still have the green light. I've seen the guy shoot. Coach Sutton has said repeatedly he's one of the best shooters he's ever coached. Eventually he'll come out of the slump. 

Bradley was 3 of 6 from the 3-point arc. His shooting has definitely improved over the last few games. At one point he was shooting around 15%. 

Haters gonna hate, shooters gonna (and gotta) shoot.

If the WBB coaches had told Lakota Beatty to stop shooting threes after she went 4-16 in the first 2 games, she wouldn't have gone 27-56 since.

Let Jalen shoot.  The guys are playing better in part because of him, and we know from history that shooting is something he can do pretty well, so as a shooter, let him shoot.

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals.

I have no problem at all with Jalen, or AY, or anyone else playing the point, taking a catch-and-shoot 3 if they are the recipient of "the extra pass" within the flow of the offense. 

I have every problem in the world with Jalen, or AY, or anyone else playing the point, forcing a drive and throwing up a wild shot in traffic instead of making the "extra pass" within the flow of the offense.

The former is called "being a team guy".

The latter is called "being a selfish guy."

And, as for being the leading scorer:  somebody has to be the leading scorer on even the worst teams, and typically the leading scorer on bad teams is an "I'm gonna get mine" guy (which is one of the reasons why they're a losing team).