ORU at Creighton

theeagleman5

A close loss like this to me is even more frustrating than a blow out. It just proves this team is better than it has been playing. It proves they are under achieving.  Just like they wasted Obi's senior year, the failure to show up this year makes these moral victories meaningless.  I am proud of these guys, but it doesn't make me feel any better about this team. 

• Upvote 1

Still no D-I wins and our two best chances were at Michigan State and at Creighton. Never would have guessed that.

Regarding the broadcast, Fox seems to really be trying to force FS1 and FS2 onto the public, I'm guessing in hopes to force the cable companies to put them on par with ESPN and not to remain buried at the bottom of the premium sports channels (which is why most of America probably didn't see the Cubs make a World Series for the first time since WWII).

Problem is, apparently you can't watch games on FS2 online with your cable password(a la ESPN3) unless your cable package already carries FS2? Which basically makes it pointless.

And I still haven't heard an ORU radio broadcast yet this year...I realize part of that is just the Sports Animal overdoing things. Is it really necessary to have an hour-and-a-half pregame show and then talk to drunks for two hours after OU football and Thunder games?

Sorry, complaints over.

2 minutes ago, ManiacAlum said:

And I still haven't heard an ORU radio broadcast yet this year...I realize part of that is just the Sports Animal overdoing things. Is it really necessary to have an hour-and-a-half pregame show and then talk to drunks for two hours after OU football and Thunder games?

Sorry, complaints over.

How else will I find out what Bob Stoops had for dinner last week?

• Upvote 1

I listened to the game on FM 99.9 the Animal last night in the car. AH used that in his broadcast.  So at least the 1550 feed is on a FM channel now.  and the quality is so much better than it was. But i was confused why  i couldn't get the feed from the website after I got home. 

• Upvote 1

For those of us outside the Tulsa Metroplex who try to listen to the games, and I think there are a lot of us, would the Athletic Department PLEASE do something so that we can follow the team.  For years Hax had a nice following listening to his broadcasts from all over the United States.  I have not been able to listen to one game this year on the TuneIn app.  As I stated earlier, nice job killing the fan base.

2 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

How else will I find out what Bob Stoops had for dinner last week?

Lol. Well, there's always Dean Blevins Twitter feed, which features similarly earth-shattering football analyses and other inane Stoops-related homerism :

Dean Blevins on Twitter_ _Stoops says he's thrilled to have week off to get players healthy & rested. @OU_Football #okstate @news9_.html

TheEagleman was following the game on ESPN.com on the train ride back from NYC.....very strange game to say the least....we have a 5 point lead with 5:30 to play and don't score for the rest of the game?...one basket would have won it.....If you would have told me that we held Creighton to 66 (averages 91) and that we held them to 6 points in the final 5 minutes (which began with ORU leading by 5)  I would have been cracking open the champagne....oh well....this is the way our season has gone....we play Top 25 teams well and get smoked by unranked/mediocre teams.....TheEagleman has no answers....I applaud the effort but have to scratch my head.....will be beat UALR tomorrow night?....no clue.....:blink:

The reason you were able to "enjoy Hax" the past couple of seasons in glorious FM was because 97.1 wasn't carrying the Thunder at the time.

Now that they are, there are the inevitable scheduling conflicts.

And as for the value in an hour-long Thunder pregame show, or a two-hour OU football postgame call-in show, do I really need to regale you with tales of sponsorship revenue streams?

Bob Stoops could host a Mary Kay infomercial with his wife, and Knippelmier Chevrolet, Mathis Furniture, and the Oklahoma Farm Bureau would all dutifully line up to pay whatever it takes to sponsor it.

If ORU (and its sponsors) are willing to pay the piper, they can have all the airtime they want.  Why do you think Richard and Lindsay are still on the air - consumer demand?  High ratings?  Noooooo - they PAY for it!

All this being said, I DO wish there was some way ORU could amplify its own website broadcast (both literally and figuratively) and not be so much at the mercy of the particular flagship station's equipment or after dark signal.

But remember, that's supposedly where that vaunted Golden Eagle Club earmarked donation comes into play. 

Maybe ORU could list state-of-the-art web streaming equipment (or the services of a web streaming provider) as a silent auction item at the next Courtside Countdown, in exchange for one or two :30's per ORU Athletic broadcast for the next 3-to-5 years for the buyer (only semi-joking).

Have we looked at going with a professional broadcast group to produce our games?  Some of the schools in my region use the IMG Sports Network who will have a "voice" broadcasting the games, actually a team, which exclusively does each and every game for that school.  

TheEagleman was channel surfing last night and came across Creighton at Arizona State on ESPN2.....the BlueJays roasted the Sun Devils to improve to 12-0....they didn't look like the same team that should have lost to ORU last weekend....who knows....maybe we really are pretty good....lol......this is the strangest ORU team I have seen in years....:wacko:

I watched part of that game as well. I have also watched a few other Blue Jay games earlier this season. They are a very good offensive team. The fact that we had a chance at the end of our game to defeat them on their home court is incredible. It would have been a very nice win. 

We needed DoMo last Saturday night....wish he had some eligibility left....TheEagleman loved Morrison....always an unselfish guy who looked to pass the ball to the open man but in crunch time when we needed a bucket...DoMo wanted the ball and would take the big shot.......:-P

Some quick research by TheEagleman indicates that DoMo is playing in Turkey.....DBH in Italy...and Warren Niles in Switzerland.....Caleb Green is also in Turkey and Ken Tutt is in Greece....ORU basketball is all over the world......:eagles: