Winthrop-Baylor WBB

BlueGold

(Excerpt from baylorbears.com)
WACO, Texas (AP) In the biggest Division I women's basketball rout ever, No. 3 Baylor overwhelmed Winthrop 140-32 Thursday.  The 108-point margin of victory surpassed the 102 set by Grambling when it beat Jarvis Christian College 139-37 in 1986.  Baylor (11-1) led 77-18 at halftime and outscored the Eagles 29-0 in the fourth quarter.  Baylor coach Kim Mulkey substituted freely throughout the game and no one played more than 21 minutes. Leading scorer Alexis Jones rested and didn't play at all.

Nice of Kim to substitute freely, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that she pressed the poor Eagles for extended periods of the game.  When I first saw this score, I laughed a little, but then I remembered some of the beatdowns that we've suffered at the hands of Baylor in recent seasons, and then I definitely started to feel really sorry for Winthrop.  Ouch and double and triple ouch.  What does a coach tell his or her team after a game like this?  Unfortunately, when I thought about what a coach would tell his or her team after a game like this, I remembered that I had roomed on the road with one of the WBB assistant coaches at the University of Houston many years ago when I was the basketball SID there, and that former roomie of mine back then is the head coach at Winthrop.  KC, I feel for you brother, I'll say a prayer for you and for your team.