ORU at Missouri State

theeagleman5

15 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

January 7th at Western Illinois........start breaking down game film of the Leathernecks now, resting players, whatever it takes...

ROTFLMAO :lol:

I am really disappointed with the performance on so many levels tonight.  This was a very winnable game.

I am disappointed in the the players for their INCREDIBLY poor effort in rebounding in the second half.  As Dr. C mentioned, we were AHEAD on rebounds 19-14, and ended up losing the battle of the boards 46-31.  Do the math, and we were KILLED on the boards 32-12 within that time period.  Rebounding takes effort - and I just didn't see it tonight.

I am also disappointed in the coaching.  We were playing a team shooting less than 50% from the FT line, but didn't start intentionally fouling until 22 seconds left in the game.  EXTEND THE GAME!!!  We should have started fouling with a seven point deficit and under two minutes to play.  My sense was that Scott (with head hanging and hands covering his face) was thinking "our guys don't deserve to win this game", so he wasn't pulling out every stop to make it happen.  I realize that this may be an incorrect observation, but it sure felt this way.

Coach - you are right, the boys did not deserve to win tonight... but YOU need to do EVERYTHING you can do to help them pull through even when they don't deserve it!  If YOU had been able to pull this one out of the hat for them, maybe they would pull together to win another one down the road to pay you back.  It's called "team chemistry".

Kris Martin - you were $$$ tonight.  I'm just sorry for you that your tremendous talent and effort was wasted tonight.  You deserved better.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, WingMaaaan said:

Last thing, I can't handle the pouting from Scott anymore. 

I agree. the whole pouting thing is so tired.  I wonder if he even has the ability to inspire or is it only blame.  When you look at the other coaches, they are fired up, positive and intentional.  Scott just sits down and rubs his head. If you looked at the look of the players on the bench last night, they were mirroring him and they were hopeless.  They don't seem to believe that he has any answers.  

The game was disgraceful in every way except K-mart.  I was so angry last night, and I never get angry at basketball games.  Im your typical apathetic but loyal fan.  But I couldn't even post I was so frustrated.  Sutton blind allegiance to Bradley, AOs in ability to play his size, Miller's ridiculous foul, shot selection, completely absent defense, lack of offensive creativity.  and the fact that NOBODY fed off of K-marts incredible game!  

:puke:

The predictability of our offense and the lack of effort, especially when rebounding, are extremely troublesome.  I only watched the last 10-12 minutes since I was watching the ORU women win, but in the minutes I watched I saw Missouri State 'want it' a whole lot more than our guys did.  They were the ones that were all over the glass and jumping around the gym and penetrating for easy baskets.  I just shook my head.  Like has been said, rebounding is effort, and I'll also add, positioning, and it wasn't there while I was watching.  

It's unbelievable that we haven't won a game against a Division 1 opponent this season.  I expect we'll get a couple before the end, but I can't say that with any real confidence, and that in itself is unbelievable.

Very sad to see the state of this team and where this program is right now.

TheEagleman was out last night doing some shopping....missed the game....very disappointing because sounds like we could have pulled it out....Coaches and players need to look in the mirror especially when you give up so many offense rebounds....that's just will to win.....and we don't seem to have any.....Martin is the real deal getting 35....sounds like he and Nzekwesi both showed up.....Anderson fouls out in less than 10 minutes of play???...what's with that?.....10th ranked Creighton will not be a pretty sight unless the Bluejays decide to clear the bench early.....the ORU team is playing the Grinch role very well this holiday season....TheEagleman really bummed.....:wacko:

I wish the attitude on the floor and on the bench matched the passion exhibited here by so many of you long-time posters.

i feel your pain...good stuff!

Maybe the new radio play-by-play guy has been giving opponents our game plans.... /s. (Google "Wake Forest/radio announcer" if you don't get it)

2 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

Maybe the new radio play-by-play guy has been giving opponents our game plans.... /s. (Google "Wake Forest/radio announcer" if you don't get it)

One of the most bizarre stories to come out of college sports in a long time.

For sure....TheEagleman was hoping that Temple got the Wake Forest Game Plan for the upcoming Military Bowl before they fired the guy.....but the Owls are a 14 point favorite and probably won't need it anyway......:geek:

9 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

Well...his handle on Twitter is oruvoice, so there may be something to that? Could be a mole? :smile-open-mouth: