ORU at Missouri State

theeagleman5

ORU busses up I-44 to Springfield tomorrow for a match up with the Bears.......MSU is 5-3 having beaten several low level D-1 teams; their most impressive win to date is over Summit foe NDSU last month at home, 64-51....the Bears are coming off a home loss last weekend to Valpo....ORU looked better vs. John Brown last Saturday but who knows how we will play in this one....TheEagleman has no clue but it's really time for the Good Guys to show some baguettes and play a decent road game....this is a winnable game but honestly, ORU never seems to play well at Missouri State.....it's a sad commentary when I am just hoping that we play a competitive game.....we really need a D-1 win....but not expecting it to happen here unless we shoot a lot better from the field (at least 50%) and limit turnovers to under a dozen.....ya know....what the heck...let's go for it.....ORU hangs around and stuns Missouri State handing the Bears their 2nd straight home loss....ORU  wins 76-73 on a KMart buzzer beater......GO BLUE!!!.......:eagles:

Missouri State is a 13 point favorite tonight.....kind of liking ORU with all those points but who knows with this team.....we aren't playing the Golden State Warriors tonight.....the Good Guys should be competitive and no reason not to play well tonight after several days off......does ORU bus up to Springfield today or did the team make the trip yesterday afternoon?....:eagles::eagles:

52 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Missouri State is a 13 point favorite tonight.....kind of liking ORU with all those points but who knows with this team.....

13.5 seems a bit much but I can understand that there isn't much faith in ORU right now.

I would take ORU and the points at 13.5 - based on their record, I'm not sure the Bears are good enough to run off and hide in this game.

I'm expecting an ugly grinder, with the outcome in doubt till the final media timeout, but ultimately I can't see ORU as the outright winner.

MSU 76, ORU 69 - the quest for the first D-1 scalp continues.

3 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Missouri State is a 13 point favorite tonight.....kind of liking ORU with all those points but who knows with this team.....we aren't playing the Golden State Warriors tonight.....the Good Guys should be competitive and no reason not to play well tonight after several days off......does ORU bus up to Springfield today or did the team make the trip yesterday afternoon?....:eagles::eagles:

They bused up there yesterday and practiced late afternoon/early evening, and then MBB put out a tweet with video of Chris hitting a shot from mid-court.  I know that they were just having some fun (hopefully after practice was over), but I'd still rather see him, and the rest of the team, taking extra shots inside the paint, or working on their passes out of double teams in the post, or shooting extra free throws with any extra time they had.  Call me Mr. Grinch, but them working more on their games would work better for me than uselessly shooting shots from half court.

Not sure why they went up yesterday and stayed overnight, it's not like Springfield is any more than a 3-hour drive, guess they wanted to spend the extra money to have a practice and a shoot around on that floor.  Hopefully it will help.

Missouri State appears to be a deep, talented team. They have eleven players averaging 10 minutes or more of playing time. Their team FG% if 49.5% and they shoot 37.5% from the 3-point line. The Bears out rebound their opponents by 3.0 per game - and dish out an average of 14 assists per game while only committing 10 turnovers. They evidently pass the ball around. They only lost to a good Valpo team by three (81 to 84) at home.

Their two starting guards (Rouseau and Miller) are listed 5'10".

I suspect that we will be pressed and they will use their superior bench to wear us down. Let's hope the good guys have a decent shooting night and can stay out of foul trouble.

After reading the above I might have to go with Missouri State......:unsure:

Down 31-19 at under 8 media timeout....Mo St is shooting 62%! They may get to 50 by half....not seeing much different from ORU...

Great end to the half for ORU...this is a winnable game...foul trouble for Anderson and Albert needs to get going!

KMart is the real deal, and so is Eman. If we can keep this group together, we have some real potential. 

KMart is the real deal, and so is Eman. If we can keep this group together, we have some real potential. 

Coaching tips:

• When you have a player with a hot hand, GIVE HIM THE BALL. 
  • Don't let your NAIA PG take ill advised shots especially when you have a player with a hot hand. 

Last thing, I can't handle the pouting from Scott anymore. Time for bed. 

Other than the score being higher because of the number of fouls and free throws, this one went just about as expected.  Missouri State was simply more physical down the stretch  

Where would ORU have been without Kris Martin's 3-point shooting?

missed the game.....just caught the post game interview

Sutton said they gave up 19 offensive rebounds in the second half.........HOLY BLEEEEEEP!!!!!

January 7th at Western Illinois........start breaking down game film of the Leathernecks now, resting players, whatever it takes; this is our shot to win a D1 game.

• Upvote 1