Missouri State

BlueGold

We win in a runaway 78-56 at the Mabee, nice game for the ladies in trouncing the Bears from Mo State.

I was hoping we'd carry the momentum from the big win at OU this past Sunday to tonight's game, but we really didn't at first.  We trailed for almost all of the first quarter before taking a one-point lead into the 2nd, and then it was back and forth until the media timeout at just under the five-minute mark, when MSU lost the last lead they would have, which was 30-29.  From that point forward we outscored them 49-26, and we were so far ahead in the second half and the 4th quarter that we were able to play some of our young ones for extended minutes- Hillary Hurst, Rachel Skalnik and Alexa Scott all played a lot for a good portion of the 4th, and they all played pretty well.

Ashley Beatty with a career-high 18 points, and just as importantly to me, she shot the ball well from the field (6-12 overall), and she's still money from the free throw line (4-4).  As a team we were money from the line, going 19-21.

Another impressive game for Maria Martianez, the reigning Summit League Player of the Week, with 15 points, 7 rebounds, 3 blocks and 2 steals.  I am loving that she has decided to be aggressive in going to the basket, that was a key in the win over OU because she's hard to defend at almost 6'4" and it makes her very dangerous offensively with her own shot and with her having the option to pass off to a teammate, and she's a good passer for her size.  We are also using her a lot at the top of the key, to play our offense through her where she can either take her defender to the basket, shoot from the free throw line in, or pass out to a teammate.  If she keeps playing like this, well, we can only hope.

Faith with 13 points, 5 boards and 4 steals.  

That's 4 wins in the last 5 games and a 5-4 overall record.  Go Eagles!

Oh, have to mention, we only had 4 turnovers in the game, wow!!

I'm too tired to do the research on when the last time was that we had 4 or less in a game... maybe I will tomorrow or something.

Nice win Lady Eagles, keep it going!  Two more home games with UT Martin and Mid Atlantic Christian, then off to Arizona State and Arkansas before ending the month with Omaha.  Finish strong!

This team is REALLY starting to "gel". Playing with loads of confidence. At times last night, it looked like they were toying with Missouri State.

Two years ago if you had said that on 12-8-16 one of our Basketball teams would be 5-4 and the other would be 1-8, TheEagleman would have thought our Men's team would be the one with the winning record.....but how times have changed....the ORU ladies are really looking good.....God Bless, them!......GO BLUE!!!....:eagles:

Our women's team has incredible chemistry. They are TOUGH on defense. They play hard from start to finish. They don't give up when they're down by 10 or more points. On the floor, they look DETERMINED to win! The coaches are engaged throughout the game. "It ain't over til it's over!"

And Maria really is a threat to other teams in every way--layups, jump shots, 3-pointers, free throws, defense, passing--all of it.