ORU at OU

theeagleman5

The Good Guys travel over to Norman tonight for an instrastate matchup with OU....TheEagleman is guessing that the Sooners have taken note that the ORU ladies won over there last weekend so the men are not going to take this game lightly...plus OU is coming off a 90-70 beat down at Wisconsin on Saturday night.....they are 5-2 also having lost to Northern Iowa of the MVC.....I was encouraged by our effort at Michigan State last weekend....a game that we had a chance to win even in the final seconds.....but we are 1-7 and TheEagleman just doesn't see it tonight....not sure if Aaron Anderson is back which would help but still it's not enough.....this isn't a great Oklahoma team but they have enough horses to win tonight unless Nzekwesi, Owens and Martin really go off.....the morning line is ORU +20.5.....that's a bit higher than I would have thought.....gonna call it.....OU 86  ORU 70......but hoping for another ORU upset of OU....EXPECT A MIRACLE!!!....:eagles:

Anybody going to the game?....I see it's on Fox Sports Channel Oklahoma but can't find it anywhere on my cable networks here in the East.....:^)

ORU lucky not to be completely blown out after the first 8 minutes......so many turnovers

ORU's defense is atrocious. OU getting just wide open looks from 3...They are just too long and athletic.

ugly....

on the plus side, 5 points in a half counts as a scoring surge for ORU's bench players

memo to 97.1:  you might want to take the ORU assistant coach Wade Mason / Doenges Brothers automobiles spot out of the rotation, or cut a new ad

I think we can cross "This team will be better when Anderson comes back" off the excuse list.

• Upvote 2

:k-martin: = en fuego 1f525.png1f525.png1f525.png1f525.png

Edit:

well........that escalated quickly......OU responds w/ an 8-0 run

pretty telling that ORU starters could not even put a dent in the lead after Kruger pulled almost all his starters with 10 minutes left.......

ORUWBB backed up their win over OU w/an easy win over Missouri State

From what I saw, he (Albert) was double-teamed right from the opening tip and he was taken out of his game, and we didn't make the proper adjustments to get him open, and he tried a few times to pass out of the double team and threw the ball to OU, and then he sat for a while, and that was it, he was effectively made quite ineffective.

Overall, we looked lost both offensively and defensively, and honestly, after we fell behind by 14 or 16, we looked like a team that had already lost.  I don't know what to say, or think, and I'm afraid that we are destined for hard times for the rest of this season, at least.

34 minutes ago, ORUIllini said:

Albert, 1-3, 2 points!?

did he get hurt, or just not show up tonight?

Also 2 rebounds. Which is kind of amazing, what with being so close to the basket and all.

Same amount of rebounds as J. Harris and Young.

Owens with two more rebounds than a dead man....impressive.....but Bradley and Martin poured in 19 each....appears that Jalen has been reading our board and woke up.....but another disappointing effort last night and reading the AP report, Coach Sutton ripped his team for it's sloppy play and poor effort....Scott said he was very disappointed in the squad after a couple good days of practice.....at this point, TheEagleman is just hoping we can hold our own against John Brown.....in fact, I would set the early line at John Brown -1.5.....everyone needs to do some self examination.....players and coaches....the ORU team is better than they are showing....I think.....:n:

On a good note....TheEagleman teased OU and the Over taking OU -14.5 and 144.....it was an easy win.....in the past I have rarely bet against my alma mater but this year it seems like a sure thing....and it makes me very very sad.....TheEagleman is still hoping for a resurgence in 2017....maybe we can get Javon White back?....or maybe it still won't matter....:unsure:

TheEagleman never thought he would see the day where the ORUSPORTS.com chat board would be crickets the day after an ORU-OU basketball game...but here we are....it's sad....1-8 for the first time in almost 30 years......the state of ORU Men's basketball isn't good...but they say it's always darkest just before the dawn.....hoping we are close to rock bottom....IN SUTTON WE TRUST!!!....:eagles: