Oklahoma

ORU82

Congratulations Lady Eagles for a hard fought 74-67 victory over the 12th ranked Sooners this afternoon in Norman.  Great job!

GREAT WIN!

i must confess that i did not even know they were playing today.  ORUWBB social media has next to nothing.....only 1 tweet with the final score.

this is kind of a big deal, some photos or video would be nice.

Great win for the ladies! Way to never give up. I think they went 18-2 to end the game. Incredible!

I watched Oklahoma beat South Dakota State last week, and came away so impressed with BOTH teams - what a great win for Misty and the ORU ladies over the Sooners.

Should send shock waves through the Dakotas!

A Stunning Win!!!....are the ORU men taking notice????....:oru-logo:

The best thing the girls can do with this game is put it behind them. Good win, but Missouri State is no pushover. I'm sure Coach Misti and staff are "preaching" this to the team. Hopefully, a quality win, over the likes of OU, will become commonplace for the ladies. I'm sure that's part of Coach Misti's vision for the program.

Found this little chestnut in the game notes for Missouri State:

The Golden Eagles win over No. 12 Oklahoma on Sunday, Dec. 4 was the first win over a ranked opponent for the program since beating No. 25 Kansas State 78-75 on January 8, 1986, in the Mabee Center.

I'm no math wiz, but I think that's 30 years ago.

And I'm no history wiz, but I think that's just a year or two removed from ORU's move (along with every other women's D-1 program) from the AIAW to the NCAA.

So I'm guessing this was only the second victory over a ranked team in the modern history of the program, and the highest-ranked team ever beaten.

That's impressive!