ORU at Michigan State

theeagleman5

MUCH, MUCH, better effort today........ORU can go home with heads held high.

they took MSU to the brink with basically 5 players.

That was exciting. What a confidence booster for the boys. Chris Miller had FIVE fouls in THREE minutes. I can't really even comprehend how that's possible. 

Guess Bradley was tired of being called out by us fans and stepped up.  Great game. Proud of our guys.  Talent has always been there.  They put it all together today. Lets hope this team sticks around the rest of the season.  

I was not able to watch or listen today, but it sure sounds like ORU played a whale of a game. 

I honestly did not think this roster was capable of hanging with MSU's 4-and-5-star talent for 40 minutes, under any circumstances.

Once more happy to be wrong! :-P

Zero bench points with a total of eight players. I don't think the bench players ever took a shot. 

We have a thin/young squad -  and need Anderson back.... and Miller to stop fouling. 

Horseshoes and hand grenades.

It's too much to ask of only 5-6 guys. Michigan St. played 7 players over 20 minutes and 2 more players over 12.

I still think we will struggle to beat out Western Illinois to go to the conference tournament.

4 hours ago, EagleManiac said:

Chris Miller had FIVE fouls in THREE minutes. I can't really even comprehend how that's possible. 

Shades of Gerald "Jellybean" Johnson, from back in the glory days.

He could foul out faster than Minute Rice. 

TheEagleman had some family obligations today out of the area and was at my sisters' home for dinner and frankly had totally forgotten about the game when I got a text from my son in Florida telling me that he was proud of how ORU was handling Michigan 26-23 late in the first half....I was stunned when I turned it on my bro-in-laws TV to see us down only 34-33 at half....I watched most of the 2nd half and was amazed that we still had a chance to win playing with basically five guys....Eman is really good....21 and 13 another double double....we also had Albert, Bradley and Martin in double figures, outrebounded the Spartans and only had 10 turnovers.....so how do we go toe to toe with Baylor, Mississippi State and Michigan State but get rolled by Loyola, Montana and Tulsa....it boggles the mind.....this team has talent....we need to play more consistent D and get Aaron and Javan back and we could still finish in the Top 5 in the Summit.....coaching needs to improve also....but today was a good start and TheEagleman thinks we can still win 3 or 4 more games before Christmas...:eagles:

Omaha followed up their stunning win at Iowa over the weekend with an embarrassing 44 point loss at 25th ranked Iowa State last night....91-47....that's what I thought ORU-Michigan State would be.....guessing that the Mavericks spent their entire chamber on Saturday in Ames.....ORU will see them next month.....:blink: