ORU at Oakland

Old Titan

how about that Stevie Clark stat line in 22 min --- 10 pts (4/5 shooting), 9 assists, 5 steals

1 hour ago, ORUalum said:

ORU is as bad as I have ever seen them. This team is currently 'transitioning back to D1 from NAIA' bad. Sad!

I see your point about Ken Trickey's last couple of teams, but his NAIA rosters actually had three  NBA draft picks in Haywoode Workman, Greg Sutton and Sebastion Neal, plus a Caleb Green-type power forward in Ray Thompson. They were pretty undisciplined squads, but they had athletes up and down the roster that might have mistreated this year's team about the same as Oakland just did.  

46 minutes ago, WingMaaaan said:

Predictions for Sutton's post game excuses:

1. This team just isn't buying in (Need to commit to defense).
  2. We have guys who are playing selfish. 
  3. We have to get healthy. 
  4. Losing Haxton was a bigger loss than I thought it was. 

Well, No. 4 just goes without saying!

i feel bad for the new guy - not easy calling a game when your team is down double digits the whole time, and the post game interview is even rougher. 

BTW, anyone hear the post game to provide details?  I couldn't listen tonight...

ag

1 minute ago, Old Titan said:

I see your point about Ken Trickey's last couple of teams, but his NAIA rosters actually had three  NBA draft picks in Haywoode Workman, Greg Sutton and Sebastion Neal, plus a Caleb Green-type power forward in Ray Thompson. They were pretty undisciplined squads, but they had athletes up and down the roster that might have mistreated this year's team about the same as Oakland just did.  

agreed....Neal from UGA and Thompson from Iowa were the real deal......my point is that we may be headed to one of those records of end of Trickey or 1st year of Self. (single digit win season)

the talent level might be closer to the Self first year of McKinney, Bohannan, Theo Hanna, etc.

Trickey could always get athletes

38 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

ag

agreed....Neal from UGA and Thompson from Iowa were the real deal......my point is that we may be headed to one of those records of end of Trickey or 1st year of Self. (single digit win season)

the talent level might be closer to the Self first year of McKinney, Bohannan, Theo Hanna, etc.

Trickey could always get athletes

Hopefully I'm too early on this, but this has all the trappings of a 20-loss season, the first since that inaugural Self team from 1993. 

They play so many games now per year, a 20-win season is not as impressive, and a 20-loss campaign is not as inconceivable. 

Brutal....Oakland was a team that we used to handle with no problem less than a decade ago....how the tide has turned.....obviously changes are needed.....we might lose by 50 at MSU on Saturday....TheEagleman has to go watch a play on Saturday starring my two nephews.....it's Peter Pan....I think that Captain Hook with one hand may be a better ballhandler than Bradley.....:blink: