When will ORU get its first D1 win?

Dr. Cornelius

Absolutely pathetic performance.  I lay this at the feet of the coaching staff.  We are in year 18 of this regime.  No excuse for what we are seeing.

• Upvote 1

Poor recruiting has really set the program back. Bradley and Young might be nice guys but you won't beat very many D1 teams with them in the lineup, let alone playing together.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Poor recruiting has really set the program back. Bradley and Young might be nice guys but you won't beat very many D1 teams with them in the lineup, let alone playing together.

Aaron is the better of the two whenever he plays under strict instructions, but I agree neither guy should be starting on a D1 team. 

• Upvote 1

LOL - "Too soon"!!

P.S.  South Dakota a prospective win?  On the road?  Um, the Coyotes happened to beat none other than Montana this past weekend, leaving ORU as the Grizzlies lone victory on the season.

Be afraid, folks - be very afraid. :sweat:

• Upvote 1

Eh, I don't know. Not with Javan and AA out.

I mean, we are staring down the barrel of 2-12 going into conference play. 4-10 at best.

I can't recall a time that I've been this depressed about ORU basketball. And, throw in the fact that last night's attendance was around 3,000...maybe less.

Ugh.

23 hours ago, Old Titan said:

LOL - "Too soon"!!

P.S.  South Dakota a prospective win?  On the road?  Um, the Coyotes happened to beat none other than Montana this past weekend, leaving ORU as the Grizzlies lone victory on the season.

Be afraid, folks - be very afraid. :sweat:

That's true. Well, we get Western Illinois at home Feb. 8th, we should be favored in that one. I forgot about the 'Yotes handling Montana after we couldn't crack 50 on 'em. 

Maybe Little Rock? 

ORU will win a game in December besides John Brown....when we get Anderson, Harris, McDaniel and White healthy we will be a lot better....but could be a rough December playing shorthanded....especially at Oakland, Michigan St, OU, Missouri St and Creighton.....TheEagleman will probably lay the points in all of those  games....That being said....it's obvious that this 2016-17 ORU squad is going to struggle to be competitive  in the Summit League against the better teams....we will surely not be a top 3 team that some posters predicted earlier this month.....and when Santa Claus slides his wide A$$ down the chimney on December 25th our boys will likely be something like 3-11 or 4-10.......:tmi:

according to rpi forecast......chance of winning:

• Oakland(A) - 7%
  • Michigan St(A) - 2%
  • OU(A) - 2%
  • Missouri St(A) - 7%
  • Creighton(A) - 1%
  • UALR(H) - 30%
  • Richmond(H) - 27%
  • Denver(A) - 29%
  • IPFW(A) - 10%
  • WIU(A) - 46%

I hope Scott and Kampe are friendly.....maybe Kampe will feel sorry for us and take it easy.....then again.....probably not.....this one ain't gonna be pretty......and Saturday will be way worse.....Izzo has gotta be pissed after yet another loss last night to Duke......:blink:

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

I hope Scott and Kampe are friendly.....maybe Kampe will feel sorry for us and take it easy.....then again.....probably not.....this one ain't gonna be pretty......and Saturday will be way worse.....Izzo has gotta be pissed after yet another loss last night to Duke......:blink:

i was thinking the exact same thing Eagleman.....MSU will be looking to put a HUGE beat down on ORU after the tough schedule/start to the season.

Oakland by 20+ and MSU by 30+ pts

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

According to rpiforecast.com, ORU is currently on course for a 22-loss season, and will only be a favorite in one remaining game, when they host Western Illinois in February.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/Oral Roberts.html

Is that bad? :smiling-open-mouth-smiling-eyes:

2008-09 team got their first D1 win on Dec 6 @ S. Dakota St --- latest on the calendar of the Sutton era........that team finished 16-15 (14-4)

ORU's next shot is @ Missouri St on Dec 14

Teams without a D1 win:

Alabama A&M   350

Western Illinois   349

Florida A&M   348

VMI   347

Dartmouth   345

Savannah St.   343

Southern Utah   341

NC A&T   332

Arkansas Pine Bluff   331

Drake   329