ORU vs. Tulsa

Old Titan

Why does KMart go 5 and 6 minute stretches without getting a shot up?

ORU has three players that can put the ball in the hoop with any consistency.......Owens, Eman, and Kmart

Bradley's 1/7 from 3 tonight has him UP to 16% on the season (4 for 25)

6 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

Come on - we're saving our timeouts for when we need them. 

perhaps Sutton can cash them in at the end of the season like unused vacation days.....

And to rub it in - and show Sutton it can be done, Haith calls a timeout with 33 seconds to go. ???

Double digit wins? Expect a miracle.

I can't even find the next win after being blown out by a team that lost to Jacksonville State at home.

• Upvote 1

We could start conference play with only 2 wins.  The other being John Brown coming up. By the way, our TV broadcast crew certainly are not schills.

2 minutes ago, ManiacAlum said:

Double digit wins? Expect a miracle.

I can't even find the next win after being blown out by a team that lost to Jacksonville State at home.

Thank goodness for John Brown....I think?

can we just fast forward through December and get to conference play....I think?

I understand wanting to shoot your way out of a slump but not when your team is struggling as badly as we were tonight. Bradley should be benched not just because he had a tough shooting night but because he couldn't see how selfish and destructive he was being. He had 7 assists but 2-12 from the field is unacceptable. 

Could have used (a SR) Bobby Word and (a SO) Chris Crawford tonight.....ripple effects.   Harris and Bradley go 2-14 on the evening......and AY is little more than a pretty good spot up 3 pt shooter

Sutton admitted in the pre-game that Young is a 2 guard playing PG

why you don't break up the 2nd half with TOs when your team is clearly tired is beyond me.....

Not surprisingly Sutton made no mention of his coaching shortcomings or Bradley's deplorable shooting effort during his post game interview. Where is Voice with his unrealistic expectations and wishful thinking when you need him???

• Upvote 1

TheEagleman has mentioned this before but Bradley just isnt a D-1 player. But with injuries we dont have any bodies to put out there. Not sure why Coach Sutton refuses to use time outs. Maybe he wants to get a pizza at his favorite parlor before it closes. Never thought I'd see the day where ORU is one of the 25 worst teams in D-1 but its here.....BOOOOOOOO!!!!!....Its a sad sad day.....:blink:

Tu had 50 rebounds. 

TU is NOT a good team, first half they looked really bad, but still they nearly beat us by 20. Before I saw this team, I thought they would beat us by 20. After I saw this TU team, I am embarrassed that we lost. 

One bright spot is I thought K-mart and Emanuel were both great.  Loved the hustle from the whole team, but out team didn't make it out on the court after the 14min media time out. Bradley was way off, yet never left the floor. played 37 minutes. He was totally gased.  Miller played 11 minutes?  Harris played 19?  McDaniel played 1? No wonder we got demolished in the last 15 minutes. 

This team has some work to do, but there is some talent to work with.  Hopefully they can get it together.  They really had trouble guarding the 3point shot tonight.  Teams like Michigan State, Creighton, and OU will make you pay dearly for poor perimeter defense.

Sorry about the seven players.  That ain't right.

I don't think we played well, either.  We are very young and inexperienced. Our only senior is erratic on his best day.  Our strategy was just to run in a bunch of guys and wear you out.

I didn't realize we called a timeout late. I imagine it was just about coaching the young guys.  Not much of a justification.

Owens and Martin are players.  I like E and Miller, too.  Miller reminds me of the backup to Tako Fall at UCF.  Fall doesn't do much against us, but the other guy always kills us.  I think Miller can be that kind of player.

Good luck the rest of the way.