ORU vs. Tulsa

Old Titan

That's a total slap in the face...I hope we beat TU by 40!!!.....:eagles:

From what I've seen on twitter, the Collegiate Club and Student Association are running different things to promote tonight's game.  Pep rallies around campus, and a tailgate is planned outside of the Mabee Center starting at 5:45.  Hopefully we'll have a good pro-ORU crowd with a really good student turnout.

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

And then there's this for you out-of-towners...

I am disappointed about the radio thing.....AGAIN!

but at least this game is on ESPN3, so tonight I will be WATCHING!!

I have gotten over the two game post hangover from the Ole Miss loss.....coming off "rivalry week" in college football, with ORU having a week to prepare for this game, I am expecting a win tonight! With a daunting schedule the rest of December, I don't see many other wins, so to me this game is a must win!

A good source advises TheEagleman that Anderson will NOT be in uniform tonight......still....ORU finds a way......:eagles:

2 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

A good source advises TheEagleman that Anderson will NOT be in uniform tonight......still....ORU finds a way......:eagles:

Without Anderson I think it's a toss-up. Would not be surprised either way, though I still think we've it a bit of an edge. 

This is tough news. If this turns out to be a significant injury, are we early enough in the season to redshirt? 

11 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

if the degenerates find out, look for the number to move to +6 or 7

i'm begging coach Sutton not to play huge chunks of the game with any combination of Young, Bradley, or McDaniel on the court at the same time.

i'd start -- Young, Martin, D. Harris, Eman, and AJ

Rivalry games are tough to handicap - though you have to wonder if their nine new players get it. 

We have to get better guard play - and shot selection. If we can't play better man-to-man defense, maybe using a zone would be called for. Difficult to rebound out of a zone defense though. 

Still early in the season. Let's see what a week off has done to get the players & coaches (re)focused.  This is gut check time. 

I'm an eternal optimist:  

ORU 69, TU 68

According to Scott Sutton on the Sports Animal earlier today, Anderson will not play tonight and the earliest they would expect him back is the OU game.  He said it will take about 3 weeks to get over the injury and it is the same injury that Kris Martin had earlier in the year.

He also said that some other players are banged up so they may have a 7-player rotation.  He did not designate who the other players were.  He said he likes this team and while the freshmen will be up and down at times, he expects more from the upperclassmen.  He said Albert played great against Ole Miss but not as well against Loyola and Montana.  He said Aaron Anderson is the main point guard and he helps make the offense go and he was really missed in the Loyola and Montana games.  He expects this team to really grow and improve and be ready to win a lot of games by the time the conference games come around.

1 hour ago, ORUTerry said:

Let's see what a week off has done to get the players & coaches (re)focused.

I'm genuinely afraid to go back and look at ORU's record the past 15 years in games coming off Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks.

I don't think it's very good...

10 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

According to Scott Sutton on the Sports Animal earlier today, Anderson will not play tonight (and) some other players are banged up so they may have a 7-player rotation.

Yeah, I can't see that being a problem at all. :doh:

I think I would have preferred the "ORU" in the same color combo as the numbers, but overall it's a cool change.

The baseball team would love them - they've been rocking the "Dodger gray" for decades!

• Upvote 1

Health minute:

-- Anderson - knee sprain (out), good prognosis to return in a few weeks

-- D Harris - stomach flu (out)

8 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Tried to run McDaniel, Harris, Young, and Bradley all at once. Easy bucket for Tulsa.

unbelievable.......you have to wonder what Sutton is thinking

in other news, Bradley is now 3/21 from 3pt........14% on the season

on the upside, most fight we've seen from ORU since the final minute meltdown to Ole Miss

Our lack of size at the guard positions is shocking. KMart can't come off the floor in the second half. 

• Upvote 1

I'm afraid the 7 man rotation may run out of gas in the 2nd half.....

Not a big fan of the gray uni's...would of preferred the Vegas gold, or some type of a Titans throwback for this game, IMHO...