Fort Wayne Stuns No. 3 Indiana, Makes #SummitMBB History

ORU GRAD

Fort Wayne's victory over No. 3 Indiana matched the highest-ranked team ever defeated by a Summit League team (Oral Roberts def. No. 3 Kansas at Phog Allen Fieldhouse Nov. 15, 2006).

• The win marked the second consecutive season that a Summit League team has defeated a nationally-ranked Big Ten team, a league first (Western Illinois won at No. 17 Wisconsin on opening night in 2015-16).
  • Fort Wayne defeated a nationally-ranked team for the first time in program history and it marked its first win over a Big Ten foe.

That will have to give them a boost in the Summit. I would say we have our work cut out for us.

I'm just wondering what powers were brought to bear to get the Hoosiers to play AT Fort Wayne in the first place?

I bet I will not live to see them host IU again! :P

:clap::y::clap:...congrats to the Mastodons.....maybe Coach Sutton should have our team watch a replay of the game instead of practice today......:wasntme:

I have to think that this was a political (Indiana state legislature) 'encouraging' Indiana to play the other state schools. It still does not explain why the game was held in Fort Wayne - two days before Thanksgiving.

Getting a little tired of the national talking heads describing this win as such a massive upset.

I mean, I know Fort Wayne is a relatively new brand at the D-1 level, but they were good last year, they're better this year, and they're the odds-on favorite of many to win a pretty stout mid-major conference in the form of the Summit League.

Would the pundits be so shocked IF (for example) Kentucky lost at Western Kentucky, North Carolina lost at Davidson, UCLA lost at Pacific, or Michigan State lost at Oakland?

Of course, the difference is, none of those titans would have ever scheduled such a game on the opponent's floor in the first place...

I was amazed to learn that Indiana was the 3rd ranked team in the nation, considering they may not be the 3rd best team in the Big 10.