ORU vs. Loyola

Old Titan

Gut-check game today just 24 hours removed from yesterday's last-minute debacle. Loyola is a very capable team; they represent every bit as much a threat as Ole Miss did.

From what I've seen early this season, if Jalen is going to play 35+ minutes a game (which, bafflingly, it appears he may), he has GOT to start showing better judgement with the ball. He's killing his own team right now with his "If-I-make-one-basket-I'm-shooting-every-possession-till-I-miss" approach. His shot selection has been, in a word, terrible.

And, that floater shot from 6-feet out has GOT to go - if you're too small to get literally to the rim, you have no business driving to the hole from out top.  Period.

down 12 at the half.....pretty much what we all suspected after the last minute collapse yesterday

let's see if they have some fight in the 2nd or if this is just another emotionally fragile Sutton team.

WOW! down by 30 freakin' points to Loyola! I know we lost to them a couple of years ago in post-season, but come on!
Loyola's 3 wins this year have been against cupcakes!

I'm sorry, I know we're only 4 games into the year, but this to me is a sign of what to expect. Games like yesterday can define a season, and today's performance is strengthening that possibility.

I was ticked off again because of no radio on 97.1, even though ORU Athletics promotes that will be, but now I'm so glad that I didn't have to listen to this massacre...

Sutton seemed to know his team was done for the tournament after giving away the Ole Miss game.....link

......at least the guys got a nice vacation.......we can hope Montana will be just as excited to play in the 7th place game.

What an embarrassment!  Absolutely no excuse for getting blown out by Loyola.  A loss is one thing, getting run out of the gym is another.  We play like that again and we will not beat a D1 school this year.

59 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Will this team have a D1 win going into 2017?

ORU is (once again) a difficult match-up for Tulsa.

ORU does do three things pretty well: rebound, shoot free throws, and control tempo. Those are three areas where Tulsa, so far this year, has been sorely lacking.

I would be inclined to pick ORU  over TU, since they're playing at the Mabee Center, but after that, who knows when the Golden Eagles might have their next D-1 win?

Agree with Illini about the 97.1 ad.  I brought up 97.1 on TuneIn app and got what I assume was OU's pregame at least 5 hours before kickoff.  What, did the Athletic Dept. really tick off the Sports Animal?

4 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

Agree with Illini about the 97.1 ad.  I brought up 97.1 on TuneIn app and got what I assume was OU's pregame at least 5 hours before kickoff.  What, did the Athletic Dept. really tick off the Sports Animal?

can't blame 97.1 ......way more sports fans in and around Tulsa would rather listen to Traber and Eshbach discuss the Sooners third string long snapper than listen to ORUMBB.

Like all other D-I programs, I assume we buy airtime on these stations.  So, did we run out of money for broadcasts or should we look elsewhere for a "flagship" station?  And while we are at it, quit posting on the Athletic Department's website that a game will be on a specific station when it clearly is not.

We get bounced from 97.1 to 1550 when their preferred programing happens.  problem is, 1550 is not on the Tune in App. Only 97.1 feed.  So listening on ORU feed is only option if its not on 97.1.  But yea, the feed is bad. But Sports animal feed is always over-modulated like that. Its the main reason I don't listen to them. Especially with Trabor and co.  its incredibly harsh sound.  I can't believe in the decade they have been on the air, someone hasn't figured that out yet.  Im no sound engineer, but someone needs to turn that gain down on feed. 

• Upvote 1

It has been said several times on this board that our games are on 97.1 unless one of the following conflicts occurs: Thunder game, OU football pregame, weekday afternoon tipoff, or BA football.   In those cases, we go to 1550.  I agree that the website should be more accurate.