ORU vs. Ole Miss

theeagleman5

ORU up 60-56 midway thru the 2nd half....Nzekwesi with 18 must be having a great game.....we could do this.....:eagles:

Ole Miss length is really frustrating the small ORU guards......the guards need to be stronger with the ball

can't inbound....give up a 3 to Burnett.....overtime

ORU blows a 5 pt lead w/a minute to play

geez....can't blow a 5 point lead in the final minute....we stink.....:unsure:

9 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

can't inbound....give up a 3 to Burnett.....overtime

ORU blows a 5 pt lead w/a minute to play

I don't see this team making it to .500

how many times have we seen this the last few years?   .failure to close out a game

same old song....different verse

Tough loss....so many positives could of come out of what should of been a win...now, this is the type of stuff that can set the tone for a season...time will tell

26 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

how many times have we seen this the last few years?   .failure to close out a game

same old song....different verse

Yep, we've seen it before.  

That's what happens when you don't have a true point guard down the stretch - bunch of undersized "twos", with questionable judgement in crunch time and no length to defend against the opponent's desperation 3's.

I'm encouraged. Stood toe-to-toe with a pretty solid SEC team today and almost got the W.

Still a VERY young team and they will improve/gel...I hope.

• Upvote 1

A bad loss for ORU and TheEagleman. Time to get a real PG.....:blink:l

It's easy to be frustrated by another blown lead. But at the end of the day, we took an SEC team to overtime. I think this team is more encouraging than we're giving credit for. 

I read in a recap that Aaron Anderson left the game with a leg injury? Did Scott say anything about it in the postgame? 

I just watched the game from my recording of CBS Sports.  While we definitely should have won the game, the team just ran out of gas in the last five minutes and in OT.  We really played only six guys (three others played 7 minutes or less), and Jalen and E-Man both logged 44 of the 45 minutes.  Kris Martin played 36 minutes, even though it was pretty obvious that he was not 100%.

Unfortunately, the lack of healthy bodies does not bode well for the rest of the games in St. Thomas, playing again today and then Monday.  But, for the long run, I like a lot of what I see in this team.  I definitely think we have the talent to contend in the Summit.

E-Man is the real deal.  Some of his moves reminded me of Obi and his rebounding skills are outstanding - and he's a freshman playing in his first five games at the collegiate level!