ORU vs. Ole Miss

theeagleman5

Anybody know if the team has already left for the Virgin Islands?....a little R and R on the beach prior to the game?....not a bad thought.....:geek:

There was a post this morning on Instagram showing the team on the bus headed for the airport at 4:00 am this morning.  The post was from ORUMBB.

Voice will keep us updated, he needed a little R and R and some beach time himself so he bribed one of the managers and hid in one of the smaller luggage pieces so he could go.  The zipper's open about an inch so he could breathe.  

Ole Miss is a middle of the road SEC team....they are 2-0 but both wins were sloppy victories at home vs. weak non conference teams (UMass and Tenn-Martin)....hard to say how good the Rebels are at this point....so this is a winnable game....problem is it's hard to predict a victory here because ORU has looked mediocre at Baylor and disinterested vs. Rogers State.....TheEagleman admits he was very impressed with 17 boards by Nzekwesi and the 2nd half shooting by Bradley vs. RSU.....but ORU will need big games from Albert and Miller inside if we are to win this game....anyone know if Martin and Young are playing?....adding those two to the mix would be huge.....but I just can't predict a win here based on what I have seen in the first two games.....calling it Mississippi 78  ORU 72......:unsure:

44 minutes ago, BlueGold said:

Voice will keep us updated, he needed a little R and R and some beach time himself so he bribed one of the managers and hid in one of the smaller luggage pieces so he could go.  The zipper's open about an inch so he could breathe.  

I wish. I kept trying to figure out a way to go, in hopes the Paradise Jam would need a backup PA guy...

Vegas has installed Ole Miss as an 8.5-point favorite, with the total a surprising 160.

I think I would have to take ORU and the under in this one, if I was a betting man. ;-)

Just glancing at their website, it APPEARS as though they have good guards and somewhat suspect in the post, outside of 1 guy. They don't have the size and athleticism of Baylor.

Maybe it's the fan in me, but I think this is a VERY winnable game.

TheEagleman loves OT's thinking on that bet.....agree that ORU and the under is the play....I am going to tease it which mean BOTH have to win but I get and extra 6 points so I have ORU +14.5 and under 166......:geek:

St. Joe's leads Loyola/Chi 35-26 at half in the opening game...both of those teams are currently undefeated......but right now it appears as if the Hawks will advance to the winners bracket to face the winner of Ole Miss/ORU.....:geek:

St. Josephs/PA advances easily over Loyola/Chi, 71-57....ORU vs. Mississippi up next....TheEagleman is at the office so I can't watch....wonder if Coach Sutton is sporting one of those Island flowered shirts???...:eagles:  :hcsutton2:

horrible finish to the half for ORU

on the upside, it was good to see Albert starting to pass out of the double teams and not force up a shot.

Ole Miss leads at half 37-34.

Neither team had more than a 5 point lead. Nip and tuck the whole way.

Emmanuel with 10 points and 6 rebounds. Jontray, Jalen, & Albert all with 6 points each. Team stats are very close (assists/rebounds). Nobody with more than 1 foul.

Very winnable game.

Yeah.....37-34 Ole Miss....they scored the final 8 points of the half as we gave away a 5 point lead.....sorry Voice, looks like my UNDER 166 bet is pretty solid right now....and I have ORU +14.5....BUT I must win both sides of the bet to cash......:eagles:

5 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Yeah.....37-34 Ole Miss....they scored the final 8 points of the half as we gave away a 5 point lead.....sorry Voice, looks like my UNDER 166 bet is pretty solid right now....and I have ORU +14.5....BUT I must win both sides of the bet to cash......:eagles:

I hope you hit both...as long as we score 1 more point than the evil Black Bears!