Rogers State vs. ORU

theeagleman5

12 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Big fan of redshirting the freshmen. The Dakota schools always seem to have experienced 5th year players that end up being solid contributors. An extra year to get better really helps at our level of basketball.

I'm trying to recall the last player who redshirted as a freshman at ORU, then played four years after that?

Seems like they either get "run off" (because they weren't that good in the first place), or they just transfer on their own.

Maybe five years of living in the ORU dorms is too much to ask of anyone (I'm a big proponent for allowing ORU upper classmen to live off campus, like most every other university in the country).

9 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Maybe five years of living in the ORU dorms is too much to ask of anyone (I'm a big proponent for allowing ORU upper classmen to live off campus, like most every other university in the country).

No amount of money could convince me to live in EMR for five years.

I've heard seniors will be living off campus soon. 

I looked at the box score and saw Chris Miller's 8 points in 8 minutes on 3 of 4 shooting and 2-2 free throws, and wondered why he only got 8 minutes. Then I saw "5" in the PF column and it all made sense. Well, all except for the fact that he managed to foul out in 8 minutes. I hope he can get that under control - we'll need him in St. Thomas.

3 minutes ago, ORUTex said:

I looked at the box score and saw Chris Miller's 8 points in 8 minutes on 3 of 4 shooting and 2-2 free throws, and wondered why he only got 8 minutes. Then I saw "5" in the PF column and it all made sense. Well, all except for the fact that he managed to foul out in 8 minutes. I hope he can get that under control - we'll need him in St. Thomas.

A couple of freshman fouls. He is a bright guy. He'll learn. And, he's going to be a joy to watch for 4 years!!

Same with Emmanuel.

Ole Miss was fortunate to win again last night beating UMass at home by 2.....the Rebels/Black Bears can be beaten......:rolleyes:

On 11/15/2016 at 5:07 AM, ORU82 said:

Anyone know what is up with the games not being on 97.1 and hence the tunein app?  I don't remember this being a problem the last several years.  I hope we can get back on 97.1 soon.  The Athletic Dept. site is a joke.

Men's games are on FM 97.1 but preempted by weekday afternoon start times,  Thunder, BA HS football (now eliminated), and OU football pregame show.  Women are always on 1550.  Not the best arrangement but not a lot of options in Tulsa.  Does anyone out there own a radio station?:neutral:

From a tech standpoint you can easily broadcast a high fidelity signal to the website and then downgrade to whatever radio quality you need to have. The primary problem is that we're hearing the same quality anyone listening via the FM/AM signal is hearing. 

Of course time and money are always limited and it probably isn't priority... although maybe it should be.