ORU at Baylor

theeagleman5

Just now, ORUalum said:

Owens is still a black hole....

He still continues to throw up those one hand, body twisting, falling away from the basket, shots!

11 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Darian Harris got the start tonight? Very surprised. Can someone explain that one? 

I'm guessing because Martin is out.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Owens is still a black hole....once he touches the ball it's never going back out.

3-14 FGs with 6 minutes to go in the second half. :hcsutton:

why does no one call TO when Bradley's trapped right in front of the entire ORU coaching staff?

turnover and easy 2 for Baylor

5 minutes ago, WingMaaaan said:

3-14 FGs with 6 minutes to go in the second half. :hcsutton:

i've been much more impressed with Miller.

AY dribbles directly to the corner for the immediate double team.  at least they called a TO this time.

they kept it w/in 15......progress

i still miss the days when ORU could actually threaten these type teams and occasionally knock them off

Pros:

-  Not many (if any) players in the Summit will be able to guard Miller or E-man.

-  Attacked the zone fairly well; just couldn't finish.

Cons:

-  Defense is still a problem

-  Outside shooting?

Owens....ugh....does Albert lift any weights?...Bradley....double ugh....he just doesn't look like a D-1 player to me....horrible shooting.....TheEagleman does like Miller and Nzekwesi appears to have some skills.....but the 15 point loss went about as I expected....oh, was Coach Sutton saving those last 2 time outs for Overtime?...the one bright spot of the night was Darien Harris drilling that late 3 to get the cover for TheEagleman who took Voices' tip and went with ORU at the end on a very small play....looking for a more complete performance vs. Rogers State....:-P

Overall, I was encouraged by last night...

ORU hung in there nicely, but I personally never really felt like they were going to be able to pull off the upset. I really want to see Albert succeed, but he continues to make those rumblin, stumblin, falling away from the basket moves that just look so awkward to me....

How can we not be excited about Nez! The next four years should be exciting to watch from him...

I guess the biggest take away for me was the fact that ORU kept the game respectable, despite not having Javan and K-Mart....what worries me, though, is not knowing how much or little those two will play...

I couldn't find the radio broadcast, so not sure if coach Sutton mentioned any updates on either, but if they are both healthy I really think this team has a lot of potential...

Time to regroup and come out Monday with a solid, dominating performance against Rogers on Monday, and then head to the Paradise Jam to take on Ole Miss, who narrowly escaped against UT-Martin by 3 last night.

I honestly would consider 1 win at the tournament a success for ORU

• Upvote 1

- on the upside, AJ is not going to face any guys w/a 7'3" wingspan in the Summit.  i just wish he did not have to throw up a shot every time he touches it in the post.

- heard the health minute in pre-game

• KMart should be ready by the exempt tournament
  • Javan's status (redshirt) will be decided later down the road
  • Manak - bone fracture in foot
  • AY is almost back to 100%

• I assume Manek will redshirt.
  • 100% for redshirting Javan if he can't play fully healthy this year. We already had him cut his season short last year.

Just a side note regarding the radio broadcast.  I used the Tune-In App to get the "Sports Animal" and all I got was Broken Arrow football, so I went to the Athletic Department's website and got the audio feed.  It was terrible, like a very poor connection.  Too hard to listen to so I settled for the "schills" doing the ESPN3 broadcast for Baylor.  Not sure what was happening, but hopefully we are back on 97.1 FM from here through the the end of the season.

• Upvote 1

agree, i don't know why they can't fix the radio feed on the athletics website.  it's like the audio levels are all maxed out.....serious distortion.

it makes it pretty unlistenable at times. 

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah....I had that one in the loss column until Harris drilled the 3 with about 25 seconds left....then thankfully Baylor just dribbled out the clock to secure the win.....oh, did anyone notice that TU lost at home to Jacksonville State by 11???....LOL....the Golden Hurricane faithful must really be whining about that.....could be a long year for Tulsa.....Mayors Cup game 2 weeks from tonight and TheEagleman is feeling good about four in a row.....:eagles:

• Upvote 1