How Many Wins in 2016/17

Dr. Cornelius

How many wins in 2016-17  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins will ORU Men's Basketball have going into the Summit League tournament?

• 1 -10
    • 11 - 13
    • 14 - 16
    • 17 - 19
    • 20 +

I believe they can have a 20-10 Season

8-6 Non conference

12-4 Conference

plus 2 wins in summit league

Pretty close to what I came up with, GRAD.

The key games will be the non-conference "toss-up" games (Tulsa, Oakland, Missouri State, Little Rock, & Richmond) and then winning all of our conference home games.

Didn't see anything Wednesday to suggest much better than last year's result, and no one on the floor was as good as Obi or Brandon last year.

A game or two under .500 overall, one or two over .500 in conference.

TheEagleman says 15-15 at best.....too many raw players and not enough D.....:mellow:

I hope to be proven wrong, but I see maybe 5 or 6 wins in a tough November and December.....I do think a game or two over .500 in conference play

So many new players and possible combinations that it's impossible to determine how good we could be - and how long it will take us to get there. 

Agree that we may not have anyone as good as Obi - but saw several as good as or better than Brandon. Remember that he had trouble staying on the court (silly fouls) and could disappear at times. 

My guess: 18-12. 

I will say 17-13 in the regular season.

An optimistic 6-8 non-conference, 11-5 conference.

January seems favorable. 6 of the 8 conference games that month are at home. The other two are at Western Illinois and at NDSU. That could be important to where we finish in the conference standings.

1-1 in Sioux Falls for 18-14 overall.

20 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

Remember (Brandon) had trouble staying on the court (silly fouls) and could disappear at times.

= Emmanuel

But, in EN's defense, he's a freshman still learning the game. 

Brandon grew up playing basketball and was STILL doing the same goofy things as a senior.

Let's give Emmanuel more than one exhibition game before we start saying he's "foul prone".

A couple of his fouls against SWOSU were "questionable" at best.